Chapter 2

Spencer P.O.V.

"They say stay in your lane boy. But we go where we want to. They say-" I slapped the snooze button on my alarm clock, just wanting a few more minutes of precious sleep, and by minutes I mean hours. Twenty One Pilots would have to wait. I stayed up all night catching up on American Horror Story because I was a whole season behind. I should've waited until the weekend to do that. I slowly started to shut my eyes, ready for endless slumber, only to have my mom come in and yank me off of my bed. Now that it child abuse.

I started to get ready for hell aka school. What's the point of going to school anyways? I just go to make my family happy, but if I could I would drop out. It's kinda ironic, the school nerd wants to drop out of school. 

I went to my dresser and grabbed a band tee from the pile on top of it. I pulled out my drawer looking at the neat stacks of black skinny jeans inside. I quickly grabbed a pair and started to get dressed for school. I went into my bathroom and applied makeup going for a more natural look. Then I grabbed my glasses, keys, and bag and left for school.

---

"Watch where you're going nerd!" a jock yelled at me as I bumped into him. I think his name was Ashton, I don't really know. But I do know that he was one of Calum's many friends.  I tried to walk away, but I was pulled back.

"Now that was rude, no one ever taught you manners princess?"

"One, I'm not your princess. And Two, I do know manners, but why would I use them on a jerk like you?" I asked him. I pulled away from him and ran to class, not wanting to be late. I was proud of myself, I rarely stood up for myself. The lack of sleep has finally done some good. 

I walked into class smiling, but that smile disappeared when I saw something on the whiteboard. New Seats. I didn't want to move my seat at all, I sat in the corner of the room with no one around me. That's just how i liked it. Nobody could try and cheat off of me, nobody could try and make me do my homework, and I made sure that I was never partnered up with someone. What's the point if they're just going to make me do all the work?

"Okay class, so as you can see I'm going to assign seats. It has come to my attention that some people are not even bothering to pay attention in class and take notes. I gave you guys the chance to pick your seats, but it seems as if you don't deserve it. So let's start with the front row. Brooklyn sit next to James, Kale next to Tim..." Ms. Youngett said. As she went down the list, I noticed that she made people sit with people that they didn't know.

"Calum Hood next to Sage." I'm glad that I didn't have sit to him, that would've been horrible.

"Spencer Hastings, you are in the back row." said Ms. Youngett. I was the last person to be called,but I had the entire back row to myself. I had nothing to worry about. As I started to walk to my seat I heard the door open and someone walking in.

"Well, Mr.Hood how nice of you to finally join us. Why are you 20 minutes late to class?"

"I had some stuff to take care of. Hey dude, get out of my seat."

"If you were here on time, you would've noticed that I assigned seats. You were going to sit next to Sage, but I had to have Dave sit there since he can't see the board from the back of the class. Therefore, you will have to take his seat right next to Spencer."

Fuck.