Chapter 4

Spencer P.O.V.

"Thanks for coming with me Spence." Luke said.

"No problem. You know at first I thought you were an annoying little twerp, but you sure are growing on me." I said while ruffling his hair.

"Hey! It took an hour to get my hair like this." he said trying to fix his hair.

"Quit acting like a girl Luke."

"I'm not. It's not my fault that I just care more about my looks than you do."

"You got me there." I said. I started rubbing my hands on my arms since it was starting to get a little cold outside. Of course I forget my jacket on a day like this.

"Are you cold Spence?" Luke ask.

"What does it look like?"

"It looks like you're burning up." he said while slightly biting his lip.

"No one asked for the Jonas Brothers."

"And no one asked for you're sarcasm." Luke shot back. I was so confused. This wasn't the shy, geeky, stuttering twerp that followed me around, trying to get my friendship. No, not at all. It seems to me that Luke was the exact opposite. He wasn't wearing his glasses and I'm not complaining.

"Touche." I said.

"Do you want me to warm you up?" Luke asked me.

"Finally! Yea, I wouldn't mind." Luke stepped closer to me and wrapped his long, lanky arms around my small frame. He rested his chin on top of my head and sighed in contentment.

Luke smelled like heaven. His hug felt like heaven. I never want to let go of him, ever. I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to him. I think the last hug that I ever received was from Calum and that was like ages ago.

"Hey babe." someone called. I doubt that they were talking to me so I just ignored it.

"Spencer, I know that you hear me." the voice said again.

"Luke, can you tell him to leave me alone."

"I-um I don't think I'll be able to do that Spence. He uh he wants you to go to him."

"And who would that person be?" I asked. I felt myself being pulled out of Luke's arms and turned around. I opened my eyes and Cal smirking down at me.

"Me."  

---

"Ughh, I can't believe that he still has the audacity to ignore me for years and then expect me to talk to him out of the blue. Like what kind of person does that?" I said. Luke and I were walking hand in hand to his place because he wanted to show me something.

"I don't Spence, I guess Calum does. I would never do that to you."

"I know you wouldn't."

"What happened to you two anyways?" Luke asked while leading me up his driveway.

"A lot of stuff happened, Luke. I'm just not ready to talk about it yet, okay?"

"Maybe okay can be our always."

"Really Luke. Was that really necessary?" I said while giggling.

"Of course it is! It got you to smile. And, I heard you giggling Spence."

"Damn it."

"You should do it more often! It suits you. And Spence." he said making me face him.

"Yea?"

"I'll always be here when you want to talk, I just want you to know that."

"Thanks Luke."