Jamie's News

Jamie and Hannah met on the playground of the preschool they attended. Jamie was two years older and their friendship started when Jamie challenged Hannah to who could score a goal in soccer first. Little did they know how that day would change their life forever. Same schools, sports teams and city as adults.

Hannah and Jamie would challenge each other to be the best in their sports until Hannah couldn't bring herself to continue playing the sports she loved. 

____________

June 2009

"Hello", Jamie answers his phone while eating his breakfast. This morning he decided that he would have eggs and bacon.

"Hello Jamie, this is David Tippett from the Dallas Stars and I'm calling you to tell you that we are offering you a contract to be on our team. What do you say?" he asked.

"I would love to, when will I come down for camp?"

"You would come down in August but we will send you the details about camp later. We will have you come down to Dallas for an official meeting for the signing of your contract soon."

"Thank you Mr. Tippett, I will see you soon. Bye." As soon as Jamie hung up the phone he called his family telling them the news. As soon as his parents, mainly his mom, calmed down he hung up and ate some more of his breakfast. Then he called his best friend Hannah.

"Hey what's up in your boring life right now you piece of ugly?" Hannah says as soon as she picks up.

"I'm fantastic, thanks for asking loser. So I was calling to tell you that you are looking at the Stars newest forward!" Jamie replies still eating his eggs and bacon.

"So my best friend is leaving me for some stupid sport and will never see me again, when do you leave me?" Hannah says as she is looking for her outfit of the day. She looks through her many sports shirts looking for her Colorado Avalanche shirt.

"Thanks for the love Banana. I don't have camp till August and I have to meet with them beforehand to sign my contract. So I still have time to hang out with you and plus don't you have to get ready for college? Have you picked where you are going yet?"

"Benny boy do you really think I have chosen since I last talked to you yesterday? Now that you are going to be in Dallas I don't know where I will go. With you being here I was thinking of San Francisco because it's close to home and you would have been close. But now that you will be in Dallas for most of the time I don't know. You will be there from August till about April maybe longer." Hannah says as she finds her shirt that she had been looking for. It was a Matt Duchene shirt.

"Hannah no matter what you do I will support you no matter what. Understand? Oh yeah take that Duchene shirt off it looks horrible on you." Jamie knowing that Duchene is one of her favorite players in the league smiles at what he just said to her.

"Hey that's mean and I will once you get a Dallas Stars shirt with your name and number on it and no Jordie's doesn't count. It's not your number. Bye loser." Hannah hangs up before he can say anything back.

Jamie puts his plate in the dishwasher and goes up stairs and gets changed for the day. Now that he is a Dallas Stars he doesn't know what to do. About an hour of not knowing what to do he decides to go to the store to pick up some food and supplies for the house. He then gets in his car and drives to Hannah's house to pick her up. He needs help picking something out since she is a big part of his life and he wants to pick the right thing.