Hannah's Secret

One thing Jamie doesn't know is why I quit hokey five years ago and it has something to do with trusting people. I just don't want him to know and I know one day I will have to tell him. My grandpa was one of my closest friends and he was my rock, other than Jamie. My grandpa and I would talk about my games and how I could improve. He did it in a way that he was a coach, teammate and friend in one. He encouraged me to be on the boy's team because I was so good and not only that I was always in Jamie's age group. I loved the challenge of not only being in the boy's league but in the age group older. 

Then one day in 2004 my grandpa passed away. It was the end of the hockey season for school and it devastated me. It was the last season he saw me playing and I took the summer off of hockey to grieve. That summer Jamie and I had struggles in our friendship because he felt that when school started, I should start playing again. I didn't see the reason to continue playing if my favorite person and fan wasn't there. I struggled with people saying they were my biggest fan but they were not my grandpa. It was a struggle to accept that my grandpa was gone and someone could replace him in the number one fan spot. 

Jamie just wanted me back on the ice with him and the boys because they missed me. I tend to  have trust problems with guys because I was the only girl on the hockey team and almost  all wanted a relationship except for Jamie. So that is one reason that I trust him more than others and he never saw me like that at least at the time. 

I didn't want to lose Jamie after stopping Hockey and wanted to make sure that we stayed friends. Now I don't know and I don't want to lose my current number one fan.