Where are we Going?

Hannah's POV

I was sitting on my floor in my bedroom with all the pamphlets and papers from San Francisco State University and Dallas Baptist University trying to decide which one to go to. I had on two different pieces of paper the pros and cons of both colleges. The more I thought about which one to go to the harder it got to choose. As I was getting up to get my laptop the doorbell rang. Trying to figure out who it was I went down to and opened to door to Jamie.

"What are you doing here J I just talked to you?" I asked with a puzzled look on my face.

"Well I was bored and I stopped at the store before coming here because I need help at the next place I am going." Jamie's smile is growing as he talks.

"Well why do you need my help, can't you be a big twenty year old and go by yourself?"

"No because you know best on what I am getting so I need your help. Besides you are probably stressing about which college to pick and you need a break from that." I punch him knowing it's true.

"Fine lets go but first I need to grab my shoes and phone." I say as I am walking back to my room leaving Jamie at the front door. "Let's go before I change my mind."

As Jamie is driving I try and pry an answer from him and with him not budging a bit I start to threaten him. "Jamie I will turn on One Direction and sing at the top of my lungs if you don't tell me where we are going!"

"Fine since shots are fired, we are going to the Humane Society to get a dog. Is that what you needed to hear?"

"Yeah, but why are you taking me? I won't be taking care of it so did you want me to come with you? Why didn't you take Jordie with you?" I rapid fire questions at him as we are pulling into the parking lot.

"Well Jordie doesn't know much about dogs and I figured since you have had dogs all your life you would know a little bit more than my brother. Plus you could take care of the dog when you got to Dallas Baptist in the fall." Jamie states with a smile on his face as we are getting out of his truck.

"Jamie you know you can't bribe me with dogs. But I will help you look if you are serious about getting a dog. I guess that the dog will give me an excuse to come see you when you're in Dallas." I say to him waiting for his reaction. Expecting him to hit me I start to walk toward the building so he doesn't or at least not till after we look. "What are you looking for specifically Benny Boy? Are you looking for a big, medium or small dog? Are you looking for an old or young dog?" I ask as I walk inside.

"Well I wasn't really sure, I thought maybe you would pick one out for me and then I would get it. I really didn't think about any of that before." Jamie stated as I punched him.

"You know that this is a serious thing and that they take finding dogs a home seriously too. I would recommend getting a fish first before going to a dog." I tell him while I am turning around to leave.

"Wait, don't go yet, I already bought dog toys, food and all the necessities." I freeze in my spot waiting for him to go on without turning around. "I know that it takes commitment and I want to get this dog with you. I can't see myself without you Hannah and by getting this dog together will you go to Dallas Baptist and live with me?" As he says these tears start to fall. I might be one of the toughest people he knows but boy does he know what to say to get me going.

I turn around, wiping the tears off my face and head towards the dogs. 

"Lets go Benn, before I change my mind. But seriously what kind of dog do you want? Small, medium, large? Old or young? Certain breed? They might not have a specific breed you want." 

"Lead the way, Hannah. I don't have a preference on size or age of the breed."