How we Love

Jamie's POV

It's now late July and I am packing up to go to Dallas to get my house ready before camp and preseason. I am taking some of Hannah's stuff because she doesn't planning on traveling back and forth from school to Canada. She is bringing Tyson down with her when she comes down for school. Man do I love that girl and have loved her for years. I don't know how else to tell her that I love her. I have straight up told her, bought a dog for us, convinced her to move in with me while she goes to college and even let her take me to a One Direction concert.

I have been here for a couple of weeks now and Hannah is finally here for school, camp started and preseason is just around the corner. I am excited to see where this season goes and how we will do. As the season progresses we  will figure out how it is with me traveling and Hannah at school and a dog. 

Hannah is going  to school for her Sport management degree and it sounds like she has some decent teachers. 

March 2010

It's now March and the season is near the end. When Hannah is at school and I don't have practice, meetings or games it's boring here just with Tyson. I know that I can go out with the guys but most of the time they just want to get plastered and I don't, it's not my thing. I don't enjoy going out and drinking all the time, unlike the other guys.

I know I can take Tyson out and take him to the park but then people that recognize me stop me for what seems to be forever. I love my fans and love to take pictures and sign autographs but enjoy the peace of our backyard. 

"Hannah, you're home from school. I love you and I have missed you." I say hearing the door open. 

"Benny boy, I love you too and you know what I realized while at school?"

"What is that Hannah?"

"I know that it might sound cheesy but that you really do love me. That you have been here since the beginning and I don't know what I would do without you. That you were there when my grandpa died and I know that you just wanted me to get back on the ice. That you would never really replace my number one fan and that you would become my current number one fan. I know that I wasn't the best friend that I could have been during that time and I thank you for being there for me. I think that I am ready to get back on the ice but no promises that I will pick up a stick."

"I love you too. Let's go." I took her to the rink as fast as I could and luckily I had her equipment from when she played because I had a feeling that she would want to play again or at least skate again. When we got there I told her to take her time and that I would be out on the ice waiting when she was ready.

She took a while to get out on the ice but it was so worthwhile when she got out on the ice. I wish we could stay out there all night. Then I see her looking at me while I skate around the rink. "What are you thinking about sexy?"

"Oh, you know all the hours we spent challenging each other in all the sports we played growing up, especially this one. I'm thinking what could have been with my hockey career. But I am kind of glad that I didn't continue because then I wouldn't be majoring in Sports management at a great school in Texas. I also get to be with one of the best boys in the world. You might also be the better Benn brother. Also how you convinced me to get a dog with you and I didn't even truly know if I would like it here in Texas."

"Is there anything else that you are thinking about?"

"Yes there is and that would be that I think that I am home with my boyfriend and our dog." Boy you should have seen how fast my jaw fell. She said boyfriend and our dog and when I first said we were like a couple she froze.

"Wait you mean that we are boyfriend and girlfriend? I wanted to ask you if you wanted to be my girlfriend." I say sounding a little sad.

"I just wanted to see how you would react since you did it to me when we got Tyson. You practically said we were a couple then. I just realized that we were pretty much a couple even though we weren't official. Thank you for being so patient with me."

"So does this mean that you are staying at DBU?"

"Yes it does loser, now get over here and kiss me you fool."