We got a Dog!

Jamie's POV

As she turns around I notice she is crying, "Hannah I'm sorry, I didn't want you to cry. Why are you so upset, is it something I said?" Not fully understanding why she is crying.

"I didn't realize that is what I meant to you. You really want me to go to Dallas with you?" She asks me while wiping away her tears.

"I mean yeah only if you want. I will have Jordie in Texas with me but he won't be in the same town. I know that I will need somebody to keep me grounded while I'm there and a dog sitter if I get one. So what do you say?" I ask her as she walks back over to me. I am hoping she will say yes because I really don't know if I could go without her.

"I have one condition and that is if I don't like Dallas Baptist after a semester I am transferring to San Francisco State University, you understand that Benny boy?" She says with a hesitant smile.

"I promise Hannah whatever makes you happy in the end, but hopefully you will like it enough to stay with me." She nods hopefully in agreement. "Now let's go get that dog."

We decided that we were going to get a dog that has been there for a little bit and was a medium sized dog. I didn't want a Chihuahua because I am six foot two and that would be an awkward combination. We ended up with a boxer mix and he was about a year old.

After going through the process of adopting a dog the Humane Society decided that we were an acceptable place for the dog we took him home to Hannah's place.

"Before you name him after some Chicago landmark we have to remember that I paid for him so I get to decide the name." I say as I park in her drive way.

"But if I wasn't there we wouldn't have gotten this handsome man." I had troubles reading her face after she said that because it looked like she was about to cry but she was happy also.

"What's on your mind you look conflicted." I ask her as she takes her seat belt off and opens her door, while I do the same thing.

"I can't believe I just said we bought something together. Yes, I know you paid for him but we came up with the decision together. This is something serious, its not like we got matching phone cases. Our lives have been changing so fast recently that it is crazy that we just got a dog." Hannah said getting the dog out of the back seat.

"I know it's like we are a couple." I stop in my tracks after realizing what I just said out loud so we could both hear.