Newt for Emma

Emma's POV
I'm sitting in the glade picking grass out of the ground since there's nothing better to do. When my best friend Newt comes up to me.
"Hey Newt." I say excited to see my British companion. I pull him into a hug and giggles
"Hey so uh Emma..." he says pulling away
"Yeah?" I ask.
"I was wondering... If maybe... Well, uh, I mean if you wanted to.... Maybe-"
"Newt!" Minho yells cutting off newts meaningless mumbling
"What?" he yells back, sounding slightly annoyed.
"I need your help!" He calls back. I still can't see where he is.
"Help!? Help With what?"
"Just...come here!" Thomas yells. Newt sighs and turns back to me.
"I've gotta go Emma." he says and walks away. That was peculiar.

Newts POV

"I was a little busy." I say crossing my arms, looking at the two runners standing in front of me.
"I know. you were trying to ask her out." Minho answers
"Yes. I was."
"Key word trying. Dude you were dying out there." Thomas says
"Gee, thanks mate." I answers.
"Look.... Don't hesitate, Just do it." (nikie) Thomas says putting a hand on my shoulder
"That helps a lot." I say sarcastically and walk away .

Emma's POV

Lunch, my favorite time of day. I grab a tray and sit at a table by myself. I'm always one of the first ones to get my tray, so I just wait for my glader squad to show up.
"Hello love." Newt says and sits next me
"Hey." I say with my mouth stuffed full of bread. He let's out a small chuckle then gets all serious.
"Emma?" he asks
"Yeah?" I ask swallowing
"Do you maybe wanna-"
"Emma!" Gally shouts walking up to me.
"Hey gal, is there something I can help you with?" I ask
"Yeah actually. One of the guys cut his finger pretty badly. Can you fix it?" he asks
"Sure." I smile and stand up. "Oh Newt. Was that thing you were telling me important?" I ask walking away slowly so I can get to the builder before he bleeds out.
"Um, no. It can wait." he says. I shoot him a smile and run off.

Newts POV

"Bloody..." I'm mumble stabbing my food with a fork.
"What's wrong with you?" Minho asks sitting down with Thomas and Chuck
"She sit still long enough for me to ask her!" I scream.
"Ask who what? Do you like some one? Its a girl isn't it?" Chuck asks then gasps and whispers. "Emma." with a smirk. Then starts chanting "Newt likes Emma, Newt likes Emma, Newt likes Emma!" I throw my roll at him
"Bloody hell shut up Chuck!" I scream whisper. Chuck let's out a short snort of a laugh through his nose and whispers,
"Up Chuck." and starts eating.

Emma's POV

I walk into my room exhausted. I'm so glad its time for bed. Things got pretty busy after lunch. And Newt kept trying to ask me something but one of us kept getting called away before he could Finnish. I change into my pajamas and walk over to my bed. I pull of the sheets and notice a piece of paper fly off. I walk over pick it up. It reads: hey love, I kept trying to ask you something today, but couldn't find the words-or time- to say it. So I figured I'd write a note, kind of hard to get interrupted like this, right? I bloody hope so. Anyways, I was wondering if you would do the honor of being my girlfriend. Its fine if you don't want to. But it would make me one happy shank if you did.
Xoxoxo-Newt
I realize I was smiling the whole time while reading the note. I happen to look at the back and see two boxes one saying yes above it and one saying no above it. I pull a pencil out of my shorts that I just took off and check the yes box. I walk the note back over to newts room, knowing he won't be in here yet since all the other boys are still in the shower and he doesn't like going to sleep until he knows everyone's in the homestead. I place the piece of paper under the covers like he did to me. On the way out I notice the trash can full of crumbled up pieces of paper. I walk over and read a few, not caring that snooping through his stuff. They're all different variations of the note he gave me. I catch myself grinning again at his adorableness.

A/n: here you go Emma sorry its really not the greatest. I came up with the plot as I went. But I hope you like it~ ✨autumn✨