Chapter 6

****Hi! I'm back after only a few days with this little gift for you. I really couldn't wait to get this out because I know you guys are sick of these development chapters, but develop no more because the story is actually starting now! Yippee! now that you don't have to sleep through each chapter I just want to say that's for the votes so early on, I love you all and thanks to these people:

makaykayla_

carolward

LeapingSpiritWolf

shawnysmuffin

For the support early on, so if your name is up there, you are awesome, except you Laura, you suck. Jk, love you girl. So now let's get to the good stuff. I don't really need to say thi but I will anyway, I love it when you guys COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME! Also feel free to share this book with your friends and also know I'm having a cover contest for this story. If you think you have an awesome idea for a cover for this sroy email it to me on the email I have posted on my profile. All entries are welcome. Enjoy!!****

Picture above is Alpha Madrid in case anyone wondered what he looked like.

***********************************************************************************************************

Aris's POV

I stood up with Jasper, smoothing down my dress and squaring my shoulders. Almost in sync we followed Viviana and Marie out the door and down the hall.

She took us back down the grand staircase and led us to another room. The walls were vibrant red, bronze light fixtures illuminated the room, golden drapes shrouded the windows, and a large deep brown table sat in the middle, with a snowdrop and white rose flower arrangement.

Already seated at the two heads of the table was a grinning Bane and smiling Madrid. Viviana sent me and Jasper to the left two chairs and seated herself and Marie in the two chairs on the right. Jasper moved quickly to take the chair closer to Bane and I silently sent him a thank you.

I seated myself in the chair and placed my hands in my lap, my face tight and alert.

"Now that everyone has arrived, let us eat!" Bane smiled and almost like a cue, the doors opened and six people dressed in formal wear filed in each carrying a covered platter. One was placed in front of me and the lid was removed.

A fancy steak dinner lay before me, a cut of juicy steak accompanied by what looked like mashed potatoes with herbs in it, and alongside a grilled pile of green beans topped with a butter that leaked onto the potatoes. A salad was placed to my right and a set of silver wear to my left. The servants filed out and the doors were shut.

"On this joyous occasion of our two packs uniting, I had a special course prepared, enjoy!" Bane said.

I take it the meeting went well, the alliance was concreted. Filled with satisfactions that Bane wasn't screwing us, I allowed myself to relax and take a bit of the food. I moaned silently, it was perfection.

I took my time, even though I wanted to inhale the whole thing, and made sure to always look like a lady as requested by the Alpha. I moved onto the salad and finished that just as the other people around me finished their meals.

The servant were called to take the platters away and coffee was brought in long with small cookie-like deserts drizzles with chocolate and chopped peanuts on top of a caramel flavored sweet. I took my time and bit into each cookie carefully, I had to sneak some of this home or I would never be happy again.

Over the coffee the conversation picked up.

"So the meeting went well?" Marie asked politely as she sipped her coffee.

"Indeed, it did not take much to convince me that this is a strong alliance well-deserved by both packs." Bane replied, crossing his legs.

"I look forward to working with you Bane; my pack will forever be in your debt." Madrid said; his eyes moving to Bane, genuine thanks were glimmering in each pupil.

"No dear friend, in an alliance no one is above the other, we are equally indebted to each other. However this is one more matter I wish to speak about." Bane replied.

"Oh? What might that be?" Madrid leaned forward slightly, my tension started to rise.

"As you might not know, I have an heir, a son of 18 years. When he turns 21, he will assume the role of Alpha, my only wish is that the alliance will carry onto his reign and not die after my leave," Bane explained, Viviana nodded in agreement. A son?

"Oh? You have an heir, good for you. My only child was lost in the first Rogue Siege, we have not tried since then." Madrid's voice died down. I bowed my head as did Jasper and Marie.

The Alpha's son was only 12 when he was killed, attacked in his bedroom and one of the first casualties, our pack had mourned for months and the Alpha and Luna had gone into a deep depression.

We have a monument in the Alpha's garden where his ashes were spread, a tall marble statue in his honor. Madrid's son, Ryland, was a few months older than me but he was a good boy and I knew even at the young age, he would make a great Alpha, but his passing kept Alpha Madrid in his position and since then, no heir had been named.

"My condolences for your loss, Madrid, you are a strong wolf to carry on." Bane grunted, his smirk falling to a grim, tight line.

"No need, I have my pack to help me through it, but enough somber thoughts, your son will take over soon?" Madrid sort of brightened, but I could still see some remaining sadness.

"Yes, in a few years, or when he finds his mate, I made it clear that when he became Alpha he must a have a Luna. I know it is a hard duty without someone there. Mine was a lonely role until I met Viviana." Bane placed his hand in hers and she smiled a real smile.

Maybe I misjudged them.

My keen ears picked up the sound of a door opening and closing, Jasper's head also rose as he set his cup of coffee down.

"Ah! That must be him returning from late patrol!" Alpha Bane tapped the table twice and a servant entered.

"Please go tell my son that I request his presence in the dining room."

"Yes, of course, Alpha." The servant disappeared and in a few seconds, the doors opened.

A new scent entered the room and suddenly from the depths of my mind, Pandora leapt forth. it was like the scent had dragged her from the depths of my subconscious. The scent was enticing though.

IT'S HIM! Her yelping rang in my ears. What?

In the door stood a young boy, he looked 18 with short light brown hair and hazel eyes accompanied by a rose-tinted face and small pale lips.

"Allow me to introduce my son, and heir to the Alpha title of the pack, Logan." Bane smiled proudly, but Logan's eyes widened and his eyes darted around the room until they landed on me. Pandora howled with joy and his eyes flashed red. He growled.

"MINE!"

That's when it hit me.

Oh hell no!