Chapter 23

****Hi! Look everyone, I kept to my schedule this time and I got this done in the nick of time. You're welcome. I also want to tell you that after this chapter there will only be 4 more chapters left. Only 4 more until the end. So now that this book is nearing the end, I want to thank you all again for being such incredible readers and supporters of me and this book. It really does mean everything to me every time someone leaves a nice comment or votes and adds this story to their reading lists or even mentions it to a friend. So for that you have all my thanks. But don't fret, there's still much more to come in the last few chapters so I'm going to stop there and you can all go and enjoy the chapter. please COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME! You know I really like that. Enjoy!!****

No picture this time sorry <3

****************************************************************************************************

Aris's POV

Even though the sun shone across the lake and graced the land with its rays, I couldn't help but feel like there was a spotlight hovering over my head. I broke through the coverage of the trees and my, or rather Nova's, senses perked instantaneously. I treaded lightly through the wild grass that danced around my ankles. I took a breath, letting Nova analyze the wind.

There's definitely blood, but I don't know whose it is. She replied. Nodding, I stepped closer to the lake; the surface was clam, placid, and glassy. Ripples barely disrupted the water, but for such a relaxing place, I was anything but. My senses were all on high alert, ready to shift at any second. I walked slowly, calmly, but cautiously around the lake. I watched the trees to my right and kept the sun to my back.

Can you tell where the blood is coming from?  I asked as we tread closer and closer to the northern point of the lake.

Somewhere nearby, but it's not diluted so it might not be near the water.

Got it, any scent of Rowan? I was half hopeful she would say yes, but if Nova could smell him then so could Logan.

No. I've got nothing.

That's ok, keep alert, he's here I know it. I moved away from the waters' edge and made my way to the line of trees. I stopped midway to the edge of the grassy plain and stopped. Squinting in the sunlight, I peered into the trees and for a single second, if that, something moved.

You see that Nova?

Yes! It wasn't a branch and I'm picking up a new scent now, and its wolf! Aris its Logan, that's him!

I took off, leaping into my wolf form. I sprinted into the trees, crashing through the brush. Nova slowed to a halt and turned her head. Through her eyes, I scanned the ground until a rustle caught my attention and I leapt of my back legs after it. Racing faster, I could hear more footsteps, but my hearing could deduct only two. That meant that he was still on foot in his human form, damn Alpha powers.

Keep going Nova, sharp right! I shouted as Logan diverted from his path. Nova dug in her claws and sprinted to the right, narrowly avoiding a tree. Go go go!

I'm going! Nova shouted back and pumped her lithe legs faster and faster. Leaves blew out of our path as we chased him back into the woods, deeper and deeper. Ahead I could smell fresh air that didn't have hints of dirt or leaves in it.

Nova, there's a clearing up ahead, that's most likely where he's headed!

Got it! Nova slowed to a normal run and we found that Logan decreased his speed as well; he didn't look back at us though, like he knew that we would still follow him.