Chapter 24

****Hi! Hello everyone, I'm sorry that this took an extra week, but this author has been hella busy with a college test, even though I'm in high school, Mother's day obligations, and I've actually interacted with the public and has some friends over. I know this is a big step for me but I actually enjoyed myself. Fore warning, if you are sensitive to sadness, get tissues, if you like violence and graphic get some popcorn cuz we got all the good stuff in this chapter right here. Now having said that, this was a hard chapter to write, that is why it took so long, not just because I am lazy, but I am realizing that this story isn't making my characters develop exactly as I pictured them, but that's ok, because it mean the story is taking on a life of it's own, so what ever let's just go with the flow and enjoy the stuff. Alright you know the drill COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME!! You know how happy that makes me. Enjoy!!****

Picture above a waayyyy better picture of Rowan (I picture him looking something like Legolas without the pointy ears and for those of you who don't know who that is, I highly suggest you come out from under the rock you have been living under and use the wonderful search engines Google) so enjoy that, but remember he is mine first!

***********************************************************************************************************

Aris's POV

Time stood still when I heard the sound of the gunfire.

The wind ceased to blow, the leaves ceased to crunch, and my breathing ceased; but the pounding of my heart blasted my ear like the pounding of a war drum.

Physically, I was frozen, but my mind was going a million miles an hour.

When the shock wore off, I didn't know where to look first; to find the injured, or the culprit. I didn't have to decide; Rowan had already shifted and sprinted into the trees, following a camouflaged figure hurtling away with a gun tossed aside.

I threw myself off of Logan's body and scrambled to my wobbly legs, nearly tripping back to the ground. No amount of control could hold back to floodgates of emotion that crashed onto me. To see the bullet buried in my brother's chest.

"JASPER!"

My scream awoke every creature in the woods, birds took flight from trees, and my tone pierced the canopy above. Tears flowed freely now, the salt burning the cuts on my face but nothing hurt to the feeling of my heart breaking into a million little pieces. I stumbled with blurred vision until I fell to my knees before him. His shallow breath gave me the slightest bit of hope to revive him and adrenaline kicked in.

Grabbing the chains I pulled with all my strength. They burned and seared the skin on my hands horribly; smoking and wafting the scent of charred flesh, but the adrenaline high I was on took away the pain and replaced it with determination. When the chains finally gave away I fell back and tossed them aside. I crawled to Jasper and picked his head up, cradling his face in my burning hands. Shaking him gently I tapped is face, trying to get him to open his eyes.

"Jasper?" I whispered and he coughed. That was a good enough sign for me.

"Jasper, open your eyes!" I whimpered and shook him harder but stopped when he groaned in pain.

"He won't live long." My swollen eyes darted to Logan, who was remaining in his place, panting heavily and chuckling between breaths.

"What?" I demanded pulling Jasper's body closer.

"Can't you smell it?" He taunted, emulating my voice from earlier. I sneered and tore his tattered rag of a shirt out of the away. The bullet had been precise and aimed right though his heart; it missed slightly, maybe breath had caused the bullet to go askew, but it had still entered his chest. I leaned close and sniffed. Immediately as the scent brushed my nostril, I reeled back at the burning sensation.