Chapter 17

****Hi! Hello there everyone this is actually on time this week! How nice! Anyway, not much has been going on so this will be short and sweet but I do want to tell you all one thing. This author might have a bf soon >_< !! Sorry though you might be interested but you're probably not so I'll just stop there and let you read, sound good? Ok. Let us all come together and COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL AUTHOR! Sorry, enjoy!****

Picture above is the two swords (I kinda have a thing for katanas, don't judge me!)

*******************************************************************************************************

Aris's POV

I almost emptied my stomach on the spot; the place I'd called home for so long was reeking with the scent of death and blood. I feel to my knees, my spirit sinking to the depths of my soul.

I was too late.

I let Jasper down. I let my brother down.

The tears felt numb in my face as the running footsteps slid to a halt and I heard Rowan's voice.

"Stand down; we're too late, fan out, look for survivors!"

Survivors? I looked around; the scent of charred wood flooding my nostrils as I saw what was left of my home. The buildings were nothing more than charred frames, the grass torn and streaked red, the gates to the Alpha's house ripped off their hinges. How could anyone have survived this? It was like an epidemic of death swept the land, leaving behind only this.

I gripped the grass under my fingers and roared at the sky, all my rage and sadness and frustration laced inside the howl. When my air had run out, I felt like my head would explode. I almost collapsed but I felt a pair of strong hands catch me and I looked up, I saw Rowan.

"Aris..." He whispered, his shoulders dropping with defeat. I said nothing, no words would come out, and not a single sentence could be strung together in this condition. The shock had paralyzed my body. I felt hands under my knees and then I was in the air. Rowan carried me to the nearest patch of shade and sat me down, stroking my hair.

"Aris I'm so sorry." He mumbled into my hair. I shook my head.

"This is my fault, I was too late, I caused this. All those mother and pups and innocent Warriors who had a future, they're all dead because of me." I cried into his chest.

"No. Aris don't say that." He muttered, his grip tightening. I heard more running steps as more wolves breeched the entrance and set off looking around the battle field. My pack was slaughtered, like beasts, and deep down I knew that everything that happened all came back to me and my selfishness.

"No." I shook my head. His hand tried to still the thrashes but it did nothing. "Aris..."

"IT WAS ME!" I screamed, the tears flowing freely now, my cold exterior shattered. This is what I really was, a helpless girl who thinks only for herself and never the consequences.

"I should have just gone with him! I should have just stayed quiet and agreed to go, that's what I do! I do whatever is needed for my pack; I should have never been their Gamma! I could have just let Logan take me and everything would have been fine, my pack would still be alive! My promise I made to my brother and to my best friend is nothing now! I could have...I could have..." My chest was heaving with the panic attacking my nerves. My entire body shook as the panic attack took over.

"NO!" Rowan's yell struck me like lightning. My spasms stopped as did the shaking. Every wolf in the armada heard and stopped at his roar.

His eyes hardened. "No! Stop talking like this right now. None of this is your fault; this was Logan Bane's fault and no one else's. I don't ever want to hear you say that again, do you understand me?"