Chapter 21

****Hi! Sorry this took so long to get up, I know it was an extra week, but I had swimming Championships and I had to work on Saturday and I have three test coming up with week, so I've been a little busy, but I hope you all forgive your poor author and taker this chapter as a reward for the wait. I hope you all have been good since the last chapter and let me know if you gave any fun plans for Easter break if you do indeed have Easter break . Ok, I don't have much to say so I'll end this here before I come up with something no one wants to hear about. COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME! Follows are always appreciated <3 Enjoy!!****

Picture above is the envelope from the last chapter, sorry there wasn't better picture, imagine it set up real taunting-like

******************************************************************************************************

Aris's POV

I barely heard the other wolves start to enter the house. My eyes never wavered from the letter. How dare the bastard tease me like this? How could I have let him slip through my fingers again?!

I finally looked up to see Rowan and rest had also shifted and were giving orders to the wolves that entered. I extended my fingers towards the letter only to have them slapped away.

"What are you doing?" I demanded; my voice laced with frustration.

"What are you doing?" Rowan replied, dropping his hand. I scoffed.

"I'm looking at what the little bitch wrote for me." I went for it once more but he stopped. "Wait!"

"What!" I asked, my voice getting harder and more irritated. Rowan knelt down and examined the table, sniffing and listening. Finally he stood up, "There are no triggers attached or any bombs set up, go ahead now."

"You think after all of this, he would set all this up to bomb the place?" I asked. Rowan nodded. Rolling my eyes, I grasped the envelope in my fingers. It wasn't heavy, and the elegant script my name was written in only made me angrier. He had taken the time, no doubt while his pack was defending him on his front lawn, to set this up, like a scene; and had the audacity to play this out like a script he had written.

I turned the envelope over and ran my nail under the adhesive. The bustling of moving wolves seemed to stop as the flap opened and I pulled out a card. Scrawled in curved letters were a few lines.

Dearest Aris,

It seems that destroying your old pack was not enough of a lesson. But I know you are much too feral to go without a backup plan, which is why I took that little bastard of a friend you brought to my home. You will meet me near the west edge Silver Fang Lake by noon tomorrow. If you do not show up, the wolf will die. I know how deeply you care about him and to know his death is on your shoulders should be more than enough for me to break you. I look forward to our reunion mate. If it was not obvious, if you bring anyone, the wolf will die on the spot. Don't be stupid, sweet dreams Aris.

-Your Alpha

"Fuck him," I growled, gripping the paper so tightly my knuckles turned white. I tore it in half and snarled, snapping at whatever I saw. I kicked a couch aside and sent it flying into the wall. I punched one of the columns in the hallway and watched it crumble. Nothing was helping me feel better.

"Aris please calm down, what did he say?" Rowan asked, taking my shoulders and forcing me to look at him. I narrowed my eyes and ripped my arms away.

"What do you think? He wants to trade my submission for Jasper's life!" I growled, pacing set in and Rowan stood still. "Aris, please calm down."

"No! This is the last straw. If the little son of a bitch slips through my claws one more time, I might slaughter everyone in a five-mile radius! He is still using my family as leverage! Jesus Christ I never asked for this!" I roared, stomping out of the house.