Pictures Of You

CHAPTER 5: PICTURES OF YOU

The Salvatore Boarding House

The Salvatore brothers were two very determined people, and Natalie Saltzman got a taste of that determination during the week after they found her partnering up with the backstabbing Katherine Pierce. They had tried to show her pictures, tell her about memories, maybe a little torture. but she didn't budge.

But Stefan had gotten a whole new plan in mind. After making Caroline get a dress for the younger vampire and forced her to get ready, he was going to take her to prom. Hopefully, it would spark some humanity by the memories of their last school dance and how he reminded her of the importance of emotions after their first and only date.

She walked down the stairs, cursing under her breath in annoyance as she thought about her ex (she guessed as she wasn't sure if they were ever together) forcing her to go to another dance, seeing as the town had about three of them a month.

She brushed some of her curly hair away from her shoulder, but careful not to do anything that could ruin her hair, seeing as just because she couldn't feel didn't mean she wanted to feel ugly. She carefully flattened the fabric of her green dress, not wanting to ruin it either.

But she groaned in annoyance when she saw Stefan standing downstairs, wearing a suit with a smile on his face as he looked at her in awe. He thought she looked very beautiful. But he thought that emotion would be a nice accessory to add.

"I don't need a babysitter. If you're dragging me to this thing, you could at least leave me alone for five minutes." she rolled her eyes, snapping him out of his daze of admiration.

"Seeing as you're an emotionless and homicidal vampire, I won't take my chances," he then walked closer to her, showing that he was holding a corsage in his hands and raised his eyebrows at her. "May I?"

"No." she responded shortly.

He simply sighed before grabbing her wrist and pushing the corsage onto her wrist, not wanting a simple no to ruin his plan of bringing back the Natalie he knew and loved. He then decided to once again relieve what happened at the 20s decade dance. "You look very beautiful."

"I know what you're doing. It's not gonna work." the brunette reincarnation gave him a blank look, almost as if it was supposed to remind him that she couldn't feel anything, not even for him.

"It's worth a shot." he smiled before holding his arm out for her to take so they could get to the car that would take them to the prom. She rolled her eyes for what seemed like the thousandth time in that conversation as she linked her arm with his reluctantly.

▹▹▹

Mystic Falls High School Prom

Natalie thought that there would only be maybe three other vampires at the prom (Stefan, Caroline and Rebekah), but unfortunately she saw Damon standing by Elena, taking a flask away from her as she tried to take sip. But the newly-turned vampire managed to avoid the two and get rid of Stefan as he spoke with Caroline.

Unluckily, she had two more friends that were aware of the supernatural. Two friends named Matt Donovan and Bonnie Bennett. The Bennett witch was surprised to say the least at seeing her, not having seen her in almost two weeks, when they were on the island looking for the cure. "Hey. I know we haven't really talked since... everything. But I just- I wanna say that I miss you."

"Me too. And we wanna help you." Matt spoke up, smiling at his friend sadly.

"Oh, please. You just want me to go back to fragile, broken, clingy, human Natalie. You don't care about me, just who I used to be." the reincarnation tilted her head at them with narrowed eyes.