The Cell

CHAPTER 18: THE CELL

The Salvatore Boarding House

Supposedly, as Natalie was too busy grieving yet another death of someone she cared about, Stefan was a little too busy with suffering from PTSD from his time drowning in the quarry, which was understandable. It would've been a traumatic experience for most, and especially when you had just gotten happiness once again, only to have it ripped away from you.

But that's how Natalie ended up back at the boarding house as usual, watching Stefan be on suicide watch for Katherine, who had also tried to kill herself as Natalie was in college. She seemed to miss all the action. "Knock knock. Who's there? Me. Me who? Me who is here because I heard from my least favorite people in the world that my favorite person in the world was losing his mind without me and is breaking chairs for some reason. Chairs are friends, not toys."

"Hey," he smiled as he saw her there, and the reminder of their pre-knowing about each other's feelings relationship was also not a bad idea. He stood up, and quickly wrapped his arms around her as she smiled and allowed it to happen, just happy that he was over the whole I wanted it to be you thing. But then he pulled away and looked at her in confusion. "I'm your favorite person in the world?"

"Of course you are. Who else would it be?" she smiled and sent Katherine a distasteful look, to which she got a sarcastic wave in return. "Hello, Katherine. Done something evil lately?"

The cured vampire tilted her head in annoyance and sent her a bitter smirk. "Surprisingly, no. Gotten your abandonment issues and totally valid insecurities back lately?"

"Kind of. But some people just take it away because I'd just love for them to abandon me. Let me check the list," Natalie looked up as if she was trying to think about it but then smirked and met the human's eyes. "Oh, look, there's you."

But then the reincarnation turned to her supposed favorite person in the world with a smile, but she seemed very hesitant of what she was going to do. "There's, ehm, another one of my favorite people in the world outside with a means to help you with your PTSD."

▹▹▹

Natalie stared at the safe in front of her in the parlor, basically feeling Stefan's fright from inside of it. She had been hesitant to say the least when it came to him going through with it, but Caroline Forbes herself had helped her get through the initial denial and they had decided to go through with it. 

"Caroline! Do you even know what you're doing?" they could hear Stefan's muffled voice through the safe, obviously being close to panicking, but none of the girls wanted Stefan to be in any kind of pain.

Caroline nodded, even if Stefan couldn't see her as she started flipping through the pages of her textbook as she looked for her source material. "Yes. Well, it's in my textbook. Let me find it."

"So, Natalie, did you ever, um... ahem... you know...?" Katherine asked suggestively at the brunette who had just been staring at the safe in worry for her ex-boyfriend.

Natalie didn't really see what she was talking about as she tilted her head and frowned, not sure if she wanted to know what Katherine was talking about. "No, I don't."

"Oh, come on, you know,"  the 500-year-old human suddenly started smirking as she walked closer to the other girls, which Caroline still flipping through her textbook. "Have you?"

"Ugh, god. Katherine!" Natalie groaned in complaint, barely noticing her blonde best friend's nose scrunching up in disgust at the words and she tried to focus on her book. Natalie was simply just annoyed with Katherine's question.