The Walking Dead

CHAPTER 8: THE WALKING DEAD

The Mystic Grill

As one would expect, Caroline Forbes was putting Natalie and Elena to work as they were preparing for their graduation and the blonde just wanted them to send out their invitations so people she may not have met or known that well could be there to see the people they loved graduate.

"Stamp, please," Caroline commanded, and Natalie, who was simply looking at them work, handed one to her. "Thank you."

Elena quickly seemed annoyed by them acting as if she had never said those horrible things to them and acted as if she had never turned it off. She had turned it back on not that long ago. It should've still been fresh in their minds. "You don't have to pretend to be nice to me, guys. I know this is just a ploy to keep me distracted."

Caroline tried to ignore those words before looking at the stack of letters that barely existed that sat between the twins in front of her. "You guys are done? I'm only on my second batch."

Natalie shrugged, looking at the one letter in front of her that wasn't even hers. "Well, other than Elena, I only have two living family members. My grandma and my grandpa on the other side of the country who can't even look at me in person. I remind them too much of my mom. I don't have anyone to invite, I guess."

Elena picked up that one letter in front of them. "We have family friends in Denver. Other than that, no one cares that I'm graduating and, to be honest, neither do I."

Caroline sent Natalie a sympathetic smile, knowing that her grandparents not wanting to see her hurt her but then she sighed at Elena seemingly just not giving a crap. "I know that's how you feel now, but once you get through this hating Katherine phase-"

Just at the sound of the 500-year-old's name, the doppelganger snapped and got this almost wild look in her eyes as she looked at the blonde. "Wait, do you know where Katherine is?"

Caroline frowned, wondering how she could come to that conclusion just by her saying her name, especially considering her not being the biggest fan of the elder doppelganger either. "No. Why would I know where she is?"

"Yeah, but, Caroline, if you did, you would tell me, right?" Elena asked, trying to make sure that she could have any information when it came to Katherine as she could. 

"Elena, you're obsessing." Natalie pointed out, and knew that it could go much further than it already had, and could probably end with someone's neck getting snapped. She just wasn't so sure who yet.

Elena grabbed the blonde's hand violently, ignoring her sister's word as she was in this actual obsessing moment she couldn't get out of. "Caroline, listen to me, if you know where Katherine is then you have to tell me."

Caroline ripped her hand away from the doppelganger, slightly freaked out by her behavior. "I don't, Elena. Chill."

▹▹▹ 

Natalie, Caroline and Rebekah watched as yet another couple ran through the doors, trying to escape the hard weather soaking them from head to toe. The three girls had been drinking because they were vampires who could compel themselves alcohol.

But Caroline was a little confused, not having remembered the weather forecast telling them about rain and all this wind. She thought it would be sunny like it usually was. "Is it supposed to rain tonight?"

"Do I look like a meteorologist?" the other blonde vampire retorted with a sarcastic smile.

Natalie, however, was staring at Elena in worry, finding her to once again let her rage take over her. At least she didn't have to go through what she did with getting overwhelmed by her emotions the moment Silas mind-controlled them on. "Okay, someone needs to do something before she explodes and someone dies."