18

Mayvis Pierce-

"I'm taking a walk. I'll be back in an hour." I shouted out.

I close the door behind me and plug in my earphones, blasting Panic! at the disco.

I've been home all day and my friend, Callie wanted to hang out today.

I walk down the street and go to the small coffee shop to meet her there. I walk into the shop and sit at the corner of the place.

I take out my phone and text Callie.

I'm here at the coffee shop.
-M

Okay! I'll be there in five minutes!
-C

I set my phone down and look out the window.

It's been a while since I've talked to her. I'm surprised she wanted to hang out.

She was my first ever friend here and it pretty much sucks that we drifted apart. I'm just hoping we can get close again. She's been there for me through my toughest times. Callie is basically like my sister.

I hear the door open and I see her looking around the place. Once she spotted me, a huge smile came across her face.

I smile softly and stand up. "I miss you so much May. It's been so long."

"Yeah I know. And I'm really sorry about that."

"Don't worry. You were in a rough position and you wanted some space." I nod and pull on my sleeve.

"But it's been three years Callie. I've basically kicked you out of my life. I feel really bad."

"I'll always be here for you Mayvis. Like the last time I told you, no matter what is happening between us, I'll be there." I smile and look at her.

"Thank you Callie, I really needed to hear that from a friend-"

"Best friend." We both laugh and began to order our drinks. "So, I heard your mom left. Is it true?" I nod and sip on my coffee.

"Yeah, a few months ago. I'm just glad to be with my dad."

"I've never seen a father-daughter bond likes you two. I wish my dad and I were that close." I caress her hand and look at her.

"I wish I got along with my mom. We both want something we can't have. Well, I can't have."

"Do you think my dad and I will be close?"

"Of course. Just talk to him and go out and spend time with him. That how I'm close with my dad."

Her phone rings and she excuses herself from the table. I pick up my phone and text my dad saying I'll be home in a few.

"I'm really sorry May I have to go, my brother got injured and my parent's aren't in town."

"No worries. Go check on your brother. We'll talk soon." I stand up and embrace her in a hug.

"It was nice catching up. Bye best friend!" I leave a tip on the table and leave the cafe.

It was pouring rain and I didn't bring an umbrella. Just great.

I keep my head down low and walked to the park that was near my house. I jog up to the slide and sit under it.

I take out my phone and see Calum is calling me. It's been a while since I've talked to the boys.

"Hello?"

"Mayvis, how are you?" He asked awkwardly.

"Okay I guess. You?"

"I've been good. The boys and I are coming home today." I hear the boys mumbling in the background.

"Oh that's cool. How was your guys' trip?"

"Amazing, we saw beautiful cities we never thought of."

"That's nice." Maybe I should ask him why was he on tv, "Hey I saw you guys on tv."

He didn't talk for a few seconds before I hear a cough, "We didn't want you to know this way. We wanted to keep you safe."

I chuckle and roll my eyes, "Keep me safe from what? I've been hurt many times."

"Can we talk about this in person? You know after we land?"

I sigh, get up from under the slide and walk home, "Uh sure. But this better be a good explanation on why you guys left me."

"Promise, meet us at the airport in 30 minutes?"

"Yeah I guess. See you in a few." I hang up and walk to my house. I set the keys down in the kitchen table and I see my dad having a snack.

"Hey May. What's up?"

"I'm picking up the boys from the airport." I say emotionless.

"You seem like you don't want to do that. What's going on?" I sit down and sigh.

"They lied to me dad. I can tell, everyone does."

"Sweetie, maybe it was for your protection or something? How bad can it be?"

"They're famous and they didn't tell."

"Oh, that's kind of-"

"Stupid. Do they think I'm going to tell people 'hey my friends are famous don't talk to me' or what?"

"You know, they may have been protecting you from paparazzi and haters. They can mess with your head."

"But dad, I wouldn't have cared! I've been insulted, mistreated, lied to, I'm used to it!" I yell.

"You didn't care, right?" I shook my head, "You are one tough girl, and I know I haven't been there to protect you, but I know these boys did this for you. They care so much. Especially Luke."

"So what about Luke? He lied the most."

"For your own safety, kiddo. Now go and see them. It's been almost 8 months since you haven't seen them."

"Thanks dad. But its gonna take time for me to trust them." I hug him and grab the keys.

I get in the car and drive off to the airport.

It's going to take a long time to get used to this.

________________________________

OMF IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

literally i've been busy all summer and i never got the chance to update this book :(

this summer has been a rollercoaster. from family issues to basketball stress and its just so complicated. but i promise i'll update the next chapter quick. they're going to be a lot shorter and i'm sorry for that.

thank you for your guys patience, it really means a lot 💓💓