1.

Luke Hemmings

"Luke! Wake up! You're going to be late for school!" My mom yells from downstairs.

"I'm up. I'm up." I get out of bed and head into the shower. I take off my clothes and step inside.

After I finished cleaning myself, I turn off the water and wrap a towel around my waist and walk out of the bathroom.

I head into my closet and grab my clothes. I picked out of course black skinny jeans, a black baseball tee, and a grey beanie along with my black converse. I go to the bathroom again to brush my teeth and fix my hair. After I finished everything, I ran downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Well, you're awfully hungry, Luke." My mom says.

"I didn't eat anything last night mom. I just went up to bed and crashed out after rehearsal." I said stuffing pancakes in my face.

"Well, okay. You better finish eating or you'll be late for school."

I put my bowl in the sink and go to the living room to grab my backpack and catch the bus.

"Bye mom!" I yell out as I'm going out the door.

Mayvis Pierce

"Stop it mum!"

"No. Just leave me alone!" I run towards her, grab the bottle she was holding and set it down.

"Stop doing this mom!"

"I said leave me alone! I don't need you!" She slapped me across the face and I fell to the ground. I had a burning pain on my left cheek, the same pain as last week. I touch my cheek and felt blood trickling down.

My mum gasps in shock. "May, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean-"

"Cut the shit mom! I don't wanna hear your apology! I'm done!" I walk out of the house with my skateboard and backpack. I hear the front door open and my mom walking behind me.

"Mayvis Melissa Pierce! Get over here!"

"Why!? So you can hit me again?!" She stays silent. I see our neighbor staring at us, just like every morning. I wait for my mom's response, "That's it mom, I'm done talking to you!" I look at her in disgust and leave her standing there. I get on my skateboard and headed to school.

I just hate it when my mom doesn't care about me. Not even one bit. Or doesn't appreciate when I try to help her. I just wish my dad was here.

My dad is currently in the army and won't be home for a while. My parents got a divorce two months ago and I'm taking it hard.

But not my mum. She found a new man in just a matter of weeks.

I made it to school just ten minutes before they closed the doors. I enter the building and head to my locker. I throw in my skateboard and grab my books for class. I close it, turn around and bump into someone.

"Hey, watch where you're going dude." I said bending down to pick up my books.

"I'm sorry. Let me help you." Said the boy. He hands me my books and looks at me. I look back at him. He has dirty blonde hair, light blue eyes, and a lip piercing. He looks oddly familiar...?

"I'm Luke by the way." Bingo. Luke Hemmings. The boy every girl is in love with.

Except for me. Not even one bit.

"It's May." I say bluntly.

"Okay, May. May I ask what's your first class?" He asks.

"So you can stalk me?" He chuckles.