12.

Mayvis Pierce-

I woke up by the sound of my phone ringing. I look at the caller ID and it was Rachael. "Hello?" I mumbled.

"You're still sleeping?"

"No I'm skydiving." I roll my eyes and turn to my right.

"How come you're missing school a lot more?"

"I had to visit my dad in the hospital along with Calum, Michael and Ashton."

"Who are they?"

"The guys I hang out with. They're 6 ft tall?"

"Oh those guys. Ok well I hope your dad feels better. Wanna hang out?"

"Sorry I can't. Maybe next time?"

"Alright. I'll see you later." She hangs up and I drop my phone to the floor. I lay back down when I noticed Luke on my bed. I look at him and he smiles. Dammit, he was awake.

"You heard everything huh?"

"Yeah. So, we're like, invisible to her?"

"She never pays attention to other people but her friends." He groans and rubs his eyes.

"What time is it?" I pick up my phone again and unlock it.

"It's 9:57. Wanna go home and freshen up?" I asked.

"Sure. I'll come by like around 11:30 to go visit the lads." I nod my head and get up.

"Well, see you in a bit Hemmings." He gives me a hug and leaves my room. I look around and notice that there was a letter on my desk. I grab it and open it. A letter from Liam. And money??

Mayvis,
I know what has happened to your father and I am deeply sorry. I gave you money for his medical bill and extra money for yourself. I heard about your mum and I'm so glad you're safer now. Prayers to your family and your friends.
Liam x

How the hell does he know about this? I heard the front door shut and I was guessing Luke left already. I go to the bathroom to get ready for a shower. Once I finished my shower, I picked out a Green Day shirt, black skinny jeans and green vans. I also added a nice jacket to hide my ugly scars.

I went back to the bathroom to wash my face and straighten my hair. Once I did all of that, I checked the time and it was only 10:15. So I ran downstairs to eat breakfast. Uncle Joey was there and he noticed me. "Saw Luke leave."

"Yeah," I sighed, "he's going home to freshen up. We're going to visit our friends." He nods and hands me breakfast. Bacon and eggs.

I dug in when Uncle Joey said something. "What did Liam leave you?"

I stopped eating and put the fork down. I look at him and said, "He left me a note saying how he's very sorry about dad and left me some money for his medical bill."

"How did he know?" I shrugged and tried to finish eating. After I finished eating, I was just having a normal conversation with my uncle. "So, how did your date go?"

"It was just a friend date, Uncle Joey. But other than that, amazing."

"You like that kid huh?"

"I don't know yet. He knows most my secrets because I trusted him. He's there for me when no one was. He protects me in some way. I don't think I'm ready Uncle Joey."

"You're in a rough stage, Mayvis. You want to admit you like him, but you can't. You're afraid."

"Afraid of what?"