3.

Mayvis Pierce-

I woke up to a loud crash downstairs. I shot up from bed and ran downstairs. I go down the stairs as quiet as I can while still running. I stop in the middle of my tracks and see my parents fighting. My mum's hand contacted my dad's cheek.

I gasped and ran back up to my room before my parents saw me. I locked my door and went straight to my bathroom. I closed the door and slid down to the floor.

Why can't I just have a normal life? Why can't we be a happy family?

When I saw my mom slap my dad, it brought me the memory of when she first abused me.

*flashback*

"Dad? Are you okay?" I look at him for a response and all he did was spit out blood.

"I'm fine, May. Just go to your room. I'll tell you when to get out. Lock your door." I nodded and ran upstairs. I locked my door and sat in my bed. I heard crashes and bangs and ran to the corner of my room and cried. I heard my mom saying how she never wanted me in the first place.

I heard footsteps coming close and I kept crying harder and harder. A loud bang crashed the door and it was my mum. "Let's go!" I shook my head and stood up.

"I said let's go! I don't want you near your father!"

"He doesn't want me near you!" She stood tall in front up me. She picked up her hand and contacted it to my cheek. Just like she did to my dad.

I collapsed to the floor and winced at the pain. My dad came running in and saw me on the floor.

"What did you do?!"

"What she deserved in the first place."

"She doesn't deserve this! Leave her alone!" My dad yelled.

"Yes she does. She made my life worse than before."

"You're drunk, stop this now." Dad looks at me and picks me up.

"She made my life better. I love her more than you think." My mum stays in place and looks at my dad. She comes closer and I look away from her. I cry in my dad's shoulders and he tells me everything's going to be alright.

I was interrupted by another crash downstairs. I got my knees close to my chest and cried. This is the first time I ever cried in months. The last time I cried was when dad had to leave me with my mom. After five minutes of pointless crying, I stood up and opened one of my cabinets. I looked at the blade that hasn't been touched in awhile. I was clean for a month until now. I made sure the door was locked and and went to the sink.

[Warning: triggering to some readers]

I slide blade onto my wrist. I've never been in this pain for so long. After I finished that cut, I did another one, and another. I set the blade down and looked at my arm.

I promised myself not to do this anymore. I sometimes don't understand myself. I just hate when I harm myself. My mom made me this way. She never loved me. She never loved anyone. She hates me the most for no reason. I blinked away new tears and decided to take a shower. I stripped down my clothes and stepped into the warm water. I got used to the pain in my arms and I saw all the blood come down. After I finished cleaning myself up, I unlocked the bathroom and walked into my closet.

I picked out a Rolling Stones shirt, along with black ripped skinny jeans, and white vans. I waited for my hair to dry and I just layed down in bed.

I went to the bathroom and I found a hair tie and picked up my hair in a messy bun. Then, I put mascara on and some make up.

I left the bathroom and heard my phone buzz. It was a text from Michael.