11.

Mayvis Pierce-

Today was the day. It was Friday. That meant, after school, I have to get ready for our date. I'm so nervous. What the hell am I supposed to wear? Better yet, where are we going? "May? May."

"What? Am I missing something?" I asked. Ashton laughs and eats his sandwich.

"Nothing. You've just been off lately. Thinking about your dad?"

"Yeah." I half lied. "I just still can't believe he has cancer from that-"

"It's okay. I know it's hard. Thank god she's in jail." I smile weakly and eat my nuggets. Where's Luke?

"He's talking to a teacher. He'll be here in five minutes."

"I said that aloud huh?"

"Yeah. Now that you brought him up, what's going on between you two, eh?"

"Nothing's going on Ashton." He looks into my eyes and smirks. "Fine! We have a date tonight."

"I knew you two would hit it off."

"Uhm, how? What if it's just a friendly date?"

"The way you two look at each other. Glance every time you have the chance. Blush when you hear his name. Everything is obvious here, love." I let him continue and looked at my arms.

"And I know you used to cut." He blurted out. I look up and he covers his mouth.

"How?" He sits next to me and takes my left arm.

"You always wear a jacket and softly touch your arms, May. Mikey and I wanted to keep it a secret. We knew you told Luke and Calum. That's fine with us. You weren't ready to tell us. But just remember, we're all here for you. Don't forget that." I hug Ashton and let one tear roll off my eye.

"Thank you Ash."

"Your welcome."

"No I mean, for everything. Even if you weren't there most of the time. Thank you for not leaving me. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for putting up with me. Thank you for everything. I love you Ash."

"I love you too, Mavy. You know that."

"Yeah I do."

"Look there's Luke." I turn around and he waves at both of us. I smile and Ashton waves back.

"Hey sorry I'm late. Stupid teacher." I laugh and eat my food. Luke steals a nugget and I almost slapped it out of his hand.

"Get your own food, mate." I said.

"I'm paying for dinner tonight. So this is my lunch too." He smiles. I poke his dimple and laugh.

"Why do you poke our dimples?" Ashton asks.

"They're so deep. I can't help it."

"Yeah. I curse these dimples." Luke says.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just do." The bell rings and it was time for P.E. I groan and throw my food away. Luke carries my backpack and all three of us walk out. Ashton leaves to his classroom and I start to chuckle.

"Why so giggly?"

"P.E. is so boring. I mean it stands for pointless exercise. Am I right?" He bursts out laughing and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Never thought about that. You're so right." He said calming down. I shake my head and look down while laughing softly.

"Yeah, I'm a genius."