2.

Mayvis Pierce

The bell rang meaning school was over. Thank god.

I head to my locker to grab my backpack and skateboard. I check my phone and see my mom had texted me. I roll my eyes and turn off my phone.

Luke seemed pretty cool. The only classes I had with him were chemistry, history, biology, and gym. I thought I'd be sitting in my usual lunch table alone, but Luke decided to sit with me and bring along his mates, and let me tell you, they are quite funny and chill. But I just wish I was alone.

I'll be going over to one of the boys' house to see them practice, which I'm excited about.

I began walking towards the door and outside the school when I hear someone yell out my name.

"Oh, hey Calum. What's up?"

"Are you heading home?"

"No." I said too quickly.

"You doing something? The lads and I are going to McDonald's for lunch. Do you want to come?"

"Uhm, I don't know. I don't want to be a bother."

"You won't be at all. Do you need a ride?" He asks.

"Yeah, I guess." I said. Am I going to regret this later? Maybe. But at least I'll be going home later and won't be seeing my mom for a while.

"Okay, Ashton is giving us a ride. Follow me." I followed him to Ashton's car. Everyone was outside the car talking and laughing.

"Hey." I said looking around.

"Hello." They all said.

"So, will you be going to lunch with us?" Michael said.

"Yeah. I don't need to be home right now."

"Doesn't your mum worry?" Calum asked.

"Uhm, not really. She's busy and doesn't have time to worry about me."

"And why's that?" Luke said popping out of nowhere.

"Can we just go now? I'm not in a mood to talk about her." They all understood and we headed off to McD's.

"Alright. Everybody in!" Ashton said.

At the restaurant

We made it to McDonald's and all the lads, except Luke, ran inside the restaurant.

"Have you lived in Sydney all you life?" He asked closing the door behind him.

"I moved here when I was ten years old. I'm from Mullingar."

"That explains your accent." He says chuckling.

"I always go there during the summer, it's so beautiful during that season."

"Like you?"

"What did you say?" I stop right in front of the door and look at him.

"Oh nothing. You can just forget what I said."

"Alright then? Let's just go and find your friends."

"Alright, love." Love? No one has ever called me that. I get this weird feeling inside of me when he gives me nicknames.

Luke Hemmings

I wish she could be all mine. I love how she blushes when I give her a nickname. Is that a good sign?

We headed inside and found the boys waiting for us. "Hey guys. We're back."

"What took you guys so long? Were you guys flirting?" Calum said.