Chapter Five: Fatal Attractions

The Dread Doctors put me in a cage away from Brett and the Beast because I've become more violent and keep breaking their things. I growl when the Beast comes by my cage, and he chuckles, "Aww, is someone upset?" I reach through the bars and grip him by the hair, "What do you think?" "I think you're lucky you are in that cage," he growls pulling my body against the bars. I scratch him, and releases me with a roar. "That's it," he says kicks at the door. I step into the center of the area watch him morph into more monstrous form. A doctor comes in and stabs him with a giant syringe. The Beast roars but drops to the ground, and I see him in his most vulnerable state. "Colby," I whisper, "The Beast is Colby."

"Consume," Dr. Cane-guy says entering my cage with a tray, and I look at him. I ask, "What are you really putting in the food?" "Consume," he says again. I say, "I'll consume if I can see Brett. I won't eat unless I do." He exits my cage, and I sit on the floor. "Where is my prescription? Doctor, doctor, please listen. My brain is scattered. You can be Alice, I'll be the Mad Hatter," I sing as I carve into the concrete floor with my claw. I close my eyes and try to remember the lost memories, but the clanking of my cage door makes me lose concentration. "Steph," Brett says pulling me to my feet. I look into his eyes, and he kisses me, but I am pulled off and sat on my bed. "Consume," Dr. Cane-guy says setting the tray next to me and sits Brett on the bed, "Both subjects." He leaves and closes the gate, and I turn toward Brett. "I hate being in this cage," I say. Brett caresses my cheek and says, "I hate being in my own cage." "I think they are putting something in the food," I breathe as he leans in. He nods, "Yea." I nod and close the distance, but my memory of what Colby said makes me push him away. I roar, and the doctor returns to take Brett away.

My emotions are bombarding me, and I ask myself, "Why does it have to be me? Maybe if I just get freaking pregnant, they'll leave Brett and me in peace. Would they really ever leave us in peace?" I want to kick and scream, but I don't let go of myself. Heat flares through my body and soul. I roar and dig my claws into my thighs then growl at the pain. I sigh as I pull my claws out of myself. "Why do they want me to have a baby," I ask, but no possible answers fill my head. I stand up and pace around my cage until I finally gove in and sit back down picking the tray.

I eat my food alone, but the Beast comes and sits outside of my cage. He asks, "Why do you fight it when you know you are going to lose?" "Why don't you answer the same question, Colby," I look at him and bare my fangs. He looks at me angry, "How do you know it's me, Stephanie?" "You showed your human form when you got sedated. It happens," I say, "Why do you really want to torture me by constantly being here?" "Why did you want to push everyone away," he says showing a little bit of humanity. I look into his eyes, "Because I was protecting people from the rage that is inside me." "Do you still distance people," he asks. I ask, "Why do you ask so many questions?" "I'm curious," he answers, "because I heard about the mishap with Theo that got you put in Eichen House." "I'm done with this questionnaire," I say and turn away from him. He chuckles, "I see you still don't like it when people bring up your monstrous acts." "I get it," I roar, "I'm a monster just like you." He stares at me proud of himself. "What do you want from me," I roar louder rattling the cage. He changes into the boy I first loved and smiles, "I want you to let yourself go." I close my eye changing like him, and my hair turns white. Fangs fill my mouth, and claws replace all of my nails. I open my now red eyes, and Colby murmurs, "Beautiful in every way." "I'm a monster," I growl, "I hope you're happy."

Colby changes growling, and I'mnot afraid of him anymore. I march up to the bars and grip the bars bending them open enough for me to get out, but he pushes me back in. He pulls me to him then I push him to the ground. I glare at him and kick him stabbing my toe claws into his ribs, and he grabs my leg pulling me down onto him. He taunts me, "Remember your first time, kitten?" "I don't," I growl not giving in and punch him in the face. He flips us over growling, "I can remind you if you want me to." "No," I snarl, and he chuckles. I backflip us to where I am back on top, but he throws me against the bars. I grunt, and my body changes back. He looks at me and smirks then walks out of my cage, "I know I still haunt you deep down." He bends the bars back then leaves completely. Tears form in my eyes, but I blink them away.

Dr. Tube-trunk comes into focus standing in front of me and picks me up. I ask, "What do you want?" "Physical examination," the doctor says and carries me to the operating room. I tense as my body touches on the cold table. He does a normal exam, but then he draws blood and gives me a shot of something. I ask, "What do you keep giving me in those shots?" "Return to cage," he says, and I roll my eyes staying in my seat. I ask tired of being ordered around, "Do you like what you do?" "Cage," he says, and I still refuse. I look into the glass of his mask and challenge, "What if you found me dead in that cage? That would be unfortunate for your experiments, wouldn't it?" "Alpha-female temperamental," he says turning around. I chuckle and growl, "You're damn right I'm temperamental." "Let me take her to her cage," Colby says coming up to me in human form. I stand and sarcastically say, "Because I would love that? You are my favorite person in the world," then state, "Oh wait. I would hate that, and I hate you." "I can make you love me," he chuckles looking my body up and down. I growl, "Only in your dreams." "You're lucky that they won't let me," he says. I giggle and tease, "I thought you were the Beast. All big and bad, but look at you, all bark and no bite." "I think you're just asking for it," he says marching up to me and picks me up kissing my lips. I pull away growling, but he grinds himself onto me causing me to moan. I look at him and ask whimpering and try to make him stop, "Why do you want to do this?" "To make sure you know, it was me who made you feel this way first," he growls then stops sitting me down on the table. I growl at myself for not being able to stop him, and Brett walks up to Colby giving him a right hook, "She is my mate." "I was her first, loverboy," Colby says coming back with a jab to Brett's stomach. They continue exchanging punches, but I roar, and they look at me. I growl, "I'm not giving myself to either one of you. You both are acting like I'm your property. Newsflash, I'm not an object for you to own. I'm an alpha not a play toy." I walk past them, but Brett says, "I know that, but I don't want him touching you." "I want to wait to have a child too, but it sounds like they have other plans. Ain't that right, Colby? Oh wait, you thought I didn't hear you.," I say then strut out of the room.