Chapter Twenty-Three: Happily Ever After... Sorta

I put Seth's baby suit on and Allison's flower girl dress as mom curls my hair. "Aren't they adorable," Hayden says walking into my room with Britney, Malia, and Tracy. I smile at the girls, "They got it from their father." "I'm going to say it's an even inheritance from both parties," mom says and turns the curling iron off, and I giggle. I pull my robe off and step into my dress, and Tracy pulls the strings tightly tying it shut. I look into the mirror smiling, and mom puts my veil on saying, "Today's the day." "Yes, it is," I say looking at her in the reflection, and she nods leaving to take Seth to Stiles. I get behind Hayden after I hand Britney my daughter, and Malia huffs putting her heels back on. Taking a deep breath, the line begins to move, and I follow them to the back door where dad is waiting for me. "You look beautiful, sweetie," dad says, and I link my arm with his. I say, "Thanks, dad." "Can you believe not even a month ago mom and I got married," he says, but the wedding march plays, and I'm unable to answer because dad walks me down the aisle.

Brett and I make eye contact, and feelings wash over me. Dad puts my hand in Brett's, and I smile at dad as he sits next to mom. The minister begins the ceremony, and it goes smoothly. "Do you, Brett Quentin Talbot, take Stephanie Camden McCall as your lawfully wedded wife," the minister asks smiling at Brett. Brett answers, "I do." "Do you, Stephanie Camden McCall, take Brett Quentin Talbot as your lawfully wedded husband," the minister turns to me. I smile at Brett, "I do." Stiles gives Brett our rings from Seth's pillow, and we place each other's ring on. "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride," the minister announces, and our family and friends cheer as Brett dips me kissing me. I smile into the kiss, and we walk down the aisle together as people throw rice over us. We go through the house to Brett's car, and he drives us to Satomi's house.

"We have to change quickly," I tell Brett as he carries me and puts me on my feet in our room. I try to reach to undo my dress, and Brett chuckles pulling the ribbon and loosens the dress asking, "Why are you reluctant to ask for help, Mrs. Talbot?" "I was about to ask you for help, Mr. Talbot," I say pulling off the dress and put on a striped blue and white dress pulling on my white flats. I help Brett tie his tie, and he grabs his keys following me to the car. He drives us to the loft for the reception.

"Mr. And Mrs. Talbot have arrived," Derek says holding Braeden's hand. Music begins to play as Brett and I grab Seth and Allison, and we mingle and dance. "May I have everyone's attention," Stiles yells. The room quiets and stares at him, and Stiles and Scott raises a cup, "Scott and I would like to make a toast. Our little sister has grown up to be an amazing woman." "She has fought for everything she has, and she is natural born leader," Scott says, "Brett is her soul mate and the wonderful father of our niece and nephew." "He has done everything in his power to make sure Stephanie never feels alone and is extremely reluctant to ever leave from her side," Stiles says, "She does everything in her power to make sure that her family is protected and is extremely stubborn when it comes to what is best for Allison and Seth." "We're really proud of you, sis, and we're proud of Brett," Stiles says, and they both say, "To Brett and Stephanie." "To Brett and Stephanie," everyone repeats them. A tear escapes down my face, and Brett wipes it away kissing my forehead.

The door drops to the floor with a loud noise causing everyone to turn toward it. "Colby," I say, "what are you doing here?" "I came to warn you," Colby shrinks to himself. I growl, "Are you threatening me?" "No, I'm not warning you of me. I'm warning you of a man with a great hatred of you, and he is trying to build an army," he says, and I look at him with suspicion. I ask, "Why are you telling me this?" "Because I owe you my life, and I can be your weapon," he says dropping to his knees in front of me, "I don't want to be the bad guy. I never did." "Your beating heart tells me you're being honest," I say nodding. Derek says, "Don't piss her off if you can help it." "Finally, it's not directed toward me," Scott says causing Derek to chuckle. Derek say, "Still goes for you too." "I know," Scott says looking down at his feet. I say, "Be nice to him." "Which one," Derek asks. I sigh, "Scott. Be nice to Scott." "I'll get right on that," Derek says sarcastically. I turn narrowing my eyes at him, "Don't piss me off if you can help it." "Well, I'm pretty sure that it's my uncle that is what this thing is talking about," Derek says changing the subject. Colby growls, and I say, "It's probably best not to piss him off while angering me either." "I'll try not to," Derek says seriously. I ask, "Do you know what the man looks like?" Colby describes Peter perfectly, and I nod. "Is it his uncle," Colby asks. I grimace, "Yes, it is." "We already knew that we weren't going to have a long honeymoon, but I don't even know if we can have one now," Brett sighs. I rest my head on Brett's arm looking at Allison in his arms and whisper, "I'm keeping my promise." "We're keeping our promise," Brett murmurs as we look at each other.