Chapter Eight: Life Goes On

My mother drives me for a fitting for my bridesmaid dress, and I ask, "Mom, you do realize that the dress might not fit in a month?" "I do, and I planned on making sure the seamstress knows that you'll be getting bigger," she says still in shock about me being pregnant. I say, "Dad took this way better than you are, and you are supposed to be the calm one." "It is weird that they want your child," she whispers, and I walk into the dress shop shaking my head. I smile at the woman at the front desk and say, "I have a last minute fitting under Stephanie McCall." "Right this way," she says leading mom and me to the dressing rooms. I ask mom, "What colors did you pick?" "Blue and silver," she says grabbing my hand, and I look at her as she says, "I am glad you are home. You know that, right?" "Mom, I know," I say and pull her into a hug, "I love you, Mom."

The fitting took about an hour, and I am greatful it is over. I just want to eat something, "Mom, I'm hungry." "We're almost home," mom tells me, and I look out the window. I run inside and raid the fridge and grab nutella, graham crackers, pizza rolls, and a tv dinner. "Besides the baby bump, you can tell you are pregnant," Scott says, and I throw my butter knife at him. He dodges it causing the knife to stick into the wall. "Ooh. Nutella," he says pulling it out and licks it. I yell, "Mom, Scott keeps messing with me about my hunger, and I haven't even been here for twenty-four hours." "Scott, be nice," mom yells from the living room, "I don't have time to deal with this right now. I have alot to do in a matter of a month." The doorbell rings, and I get up. I open the door, and Brett is standing there with Taco Bell and Starbucks. "I didn't know what to get you, food or caffeine, so I got you both," Brett says coming in. I have my little aww moment inside, and he chuckles when he walks into the kitchen, "Scott, I thought your sister was the one that is supposed to have cravings." "She-she.. but I didn't do this," Scott stutters, and I say, "I guess you get to enjoy the pizza rolls and tv dinner." "What if I didn't want them," he asks. I give him a look, "Scott, you were going to have part of them anyway." "True, but irrelevant," he argues. Brett says, "That is actually relevant to the case, Scott." "I'm trying to make a point," Scott says, "I'll eat the food."

"Did they put out an amber alert for us," I ask taking a bite of my quesorito. Brett nods and swallows his bite, "Yea, your dad made sure the school knew, and we have school next week." "I'm going to have an excellent time," I say sarcastically. He sighs, "I know that it is going to be difficult, but they aren't holding us back, so we're going to be juniors next year." "I'm still going to be pregnant when junior year starts," I say, and he stays silent. I sigh, "They are going to assume that I was raped by the people that took us, and I don't want to be looked at like I'm any more broken than they are going to look at us." "We can say that the people had a weird thing about watching us," he suggests, and I laugh a little. I say, "I highly doubt they would believe that." "That is the best we could do without saying that we were bred for some weird science experiment that these people called the Dread Doctors are doing," he says. I nod, "You're probably right." "I love you, Steph," he says kissing my forehead. I lean on his shoulder, "I love you too, Brett."

"Steph," mom calls for me to go to her. I walk into the living room, "Yes?" "I believe these people are here for you," she says, and My pack, and Derek, Braeden, Danny, Ethan, Isaac, and Cora step inside. I put my hand on my stomach looking at Isaac and Cora and ask confused, "What are you doing here?" "To see of you were okay," Isaac rubs the back of his neck. I nod, "I'm something like that." "Are you still upset with Isaac, Steph," mom asks me, and I shake my head. I answer, "How can I be upset when I can't really remember that part of my life?" "You can't," mom states, and I nod, "Exactly." "You don't remember anything," Isaac asks. I look at him, "I remember the first time you comforted me... Um.. losing my humanity and going to Eichen House, and I remember having my surgery. I also remember getting my stitches removed, but that is about it." "Do you remember sleep walking into the woods," he asks. I nod and say, "Yep, but nothing else." "Do you remember after that," Derek asks, and I shake my head. I sigh, "There are still alot of missing pieces." "Not to be rude, but I have a wedding to plan, and there are a lot of you. So, can you guys go somewhere else," mom says. Derek nods, "I think we can go to the loft, so you won't have so many people in the house." "Thank you, Derek," mom sighs.

I get into my car, and Brett sits in the passenger seat with Scott in the back. I drive us to Derek's and turn off the car saying, "Okay. Somebody else is driving back." "Why," Scott asks. I sigh, "I'm short already, and I have to be back a little bit because I don't like my stomach touching the steering wheel, but then it is hard for me to reach the pedals." "Aww, pregnant probs," Scott snickers a little. I get out of the car saying, "You're going to be having pregnant probs if you don't stop." "That doesn't make sense. I can't get pregnant," he says. I look at him, "I get angry, and you get hit by a pregnant lady, so it does make sense." I shake my head and walk inside thinking to myself, "I'm going to need to go to Dr. Deaton for something to manage my anger through this." "Who made you upset," Hayden asks, and I point behind me. Brett says, "He is being playful, but she has already been having mood swings, so it doesn't help the fact." "I get it I'm moody," I growl surprising everyone, "and I still have IED, so it doesn't help, okay?" "Bae, I didn't mean it like that," Brett says and holds me in his arms, and I roar but calm down gradually. I sigh, "Can stay with you, tonight?" "Yes, and we can even watch a scary movie," he say running his fingers through my hair, and Scott apologizes. "I just thought I was lightening the situation a little. I never meant to make you angry, sis," Scott says. I look at him, "It's okay, Bubba."