Chapter Nineteen: Doctor, Doctor

I wake up tangled up with Brett and a blanket, and my mind is still going at a thousand miles per hour with paranoia and anger. I look around making sure that I'm really in Brett's arms, and he looks at me concerned. He asks, "Are you okay, baby?" "No," I say honestly. He carefully sits up, and I curl up to him. He holds me closer and pulls out his phone, "Scott, Stephanie is having complications.... No, not with her pregnancy... She just admitted she wasn't okay.. Okay, bye." "Scott's on his way to take me back to Eichen House, isn't he," I ask. He shrugs brushing the hair out of my face, "I don't know where he is going to take you, but he is on his way." "I want to stay with you," I say, "I feel safe with you." "I'm going to be with you every step of the way, beautiful," he says, and I sigh in relief wrapping my arms around his waist burying my head in his chest. He kisses the top of my head, and we just sit there until a knock makes me jump.

I cry, "He can't take me. Please, don't let him take me." "Steph, calm down. I'm right here," Brett says, but I rip myself from his arms and get off the bed. I growl, "He's not taking me anywhere." "Sis, what's wrong," Stiles asks with Scott standing behind him. I growl, "You're just going to take me to Eichen House. I'm not going." "Woah there," Scott says, "Nobody said anything about Eichen House." "That's where you take me everytime," I roar. Brett steps toward me, and I snarl. He puts his hands up in surrender and say, "Stephanie, it's me. I would never hurt you." "I don't want to hurt you," I growl. He smiles, "You won't. I promise." "How can you possibly promise that," I roar picking him up off his feet, "I don't even know what's wrong with me." He looks at me calmly, and I drop him realizing what I was doing. I look at my brothers then back to Brett, and Stiles asks, "How are feeling?" "Paranoid, angry, confused, about to free fall over the edge," I growl. He asks, "When did you start feeling that way?" "After I got captured again," I snarl maliciously. He takes a seat on the bed, "What happened while you were captive, Sis?" "I appeared in ruins. I tried to find a way out, but I could barely see even with my true eyes. Then a voice kept taunting me and trying to get me to let go. It took all the shadows out of the room making a body that looked like me with pitch black eyes then it turned into Allison then into you. It was talking about my demons and yours, but mostly about making me let myself go. It turned back into the shadows, and I charged the wall and it vanished showing that I was in a cage, and a man in a white suit was there talking about my sanity and saying I shouldn't have my child. I bent the bars, and he ran away, but I followed him until he tripped and made him relay a message and get me out of there." "Is that all," Scott asks, but I don't answer.

I roar holding my head in my hands as the voices get louder, "Make it stop!" "Make what stop," Brett says. I growl, "Get out of my head." "Steph, what is going on," Stiles asks. I cry, "The voices won't be quiet." "What are they saying," Scott asks. I roar, "Leave me alone!" "Steph," Stiles says, "Steph, look at me." I look at him and beg, "Bubba, make it stop." "Steph," Stiles says as my eyes flutter close, and the world goes black.

I jolt up with a layer of sweat on my body, and the room is bright as I search for my brothers and Brett. "Hello," I yell, and a door opens letting my old therapist in. I quickly get to my feet and ask, "Dr. King, Where is my brothers?" "They're outside of the room," he says looking at me analytically. I say, "I don't need to be here. You can just send me on my way." "That's what you said last time, and the time before that," Dr. King says chuckling, and I growl then stop and shake my head. He asks, "Are the voices getting loud?" "How do you know about the voices," I growl marching to him and grab him by the shirt lifting him. Stiles comes through the door saying, "Steph, we told him." I take a deep breath and set the doctor on his feet, and Stiles steps in between Dr. King and me. I step back a few feet and say, "Listen to me and understand. A doctor can't fix what's wrong with me." "I believe that you're condition is due to being overexposed to adrenaline," Dr. King states, "Isn't your remaining microchip on the hypothalamus?" I growl, and Stiles looks at the doctor, "Yes, it is. What are you getting at?" "The hypothalamus can control the adrenal gland," Dr. King answers, "Adrenaline causes the fight or flight and paranoia." "The hypothalamus also controls anger and agression," I say, "I think I know why the doctors let me go." "They were expecting this most likely," Dr. King says chuckling. I roar, "This isn't funny." "No, I was just thinking how the Dread Doctors have a twisted sense of human," Dr. King crosses his arms. I smile and push Stiles out of the way, "I can show you a twisted sense of humor, doctor."

Dr. King runs out of the room yelling for the orderlies to help, and I growl as Scott walks in my path out of the room. "Get out of my way," I say, and Brett gets behind him. Scott says, "Stephanie, don't do this." "You're trying to stall me and give the orderlies a chance to pump me full of sedatives," I say, "What makes you think that I won't kill them for trying to keep me here?" "Let her go," Brett says stepping aside, "Blood will be on our hands too if we don't." "You really think she's going to kill anyone," Scott says in disbelief. Brett looks down, "Yes, that's the message she told the man in the white suit. She'll kill anyone who tries to keep her captive." "Steph, I have to let you go," Scott says defeated. I run past both of them and work my way out of the maze. I feel a dart hit my shoulder and roar spinning around. I charge at the man, and he looks completely surprised. I grab his throat digging my claws in as I crush it and growl, "This could have been prevented." I drop him and make my way out of the building with blood splattered on me, and the spring rain falls onto my skin. I look up then start to run, and the voices say, "No one can lock you away. You did what you had to. You're an alpha, not a prisoner. No one will keep you." I make it to the city limit, and Colby claps, "Do you really think they would let you leave?" "You're not going to stop me," I growl, and he comes out dragging the man in the white suit. He chuckles, "Do you think I'm afraid of your message? I was made to keep you here." "But you want me to save you," I say, and he shrugs tossing the man at my feet. He asks, "Did you kill someone to get away from where you were?" "Why do you care," I growl because the voices want me to kill him. He smirks, "You have an appointment with the doctors."