Chapter Twelve: Surprise!!

"What's the plan," Stiles asks walking into the loft with Malia. I answer honestly, "I don't have one." "That's fantastic," he says sarcastically, and I give him a look. I sass, "Atleast I know what who we're looking for, and what the thing looks like. Now, stop talking, so we make a plan and try not to get killed." "Okay, Ms. Bossy-pants," he says, and I give him a love tap. I turn back toward the others and point at the blueprints, "There are major entrances here.. here.. and here, but I'm pretty sure the vault is bow open, so Malia can go through the basement and bring Theo and Simon with her." "So, we're going to divide and conquer," Brett asks, and I nod. I explain, "We don't know where the Beast is, and he knows the school like a regular student, so he could be anywhere inside if he decided to stay." "What if he didn't," Stiles asks, and I sigh. I answer, "I don't know, and if you ask something else that is a very open to thousands of possibilities, I'm going to slap you." "Okay," he says looking at Malia like I'm crazy. I say, "If we don't find him, the meeting place is the gym. The teams are Stile and Brett with me, Corey and Tracy with Hayden and Liam, Theo and Simon with Malia, Nolan and Alex with Paul, and Jack and Matthew with Lincoln." "Can we take the main entrance," Liam asks then says, "I mean since there are four of us." "Yes," I answer. Derek asks, "What am I supposed to do?" "You get to babysit Scott," I say looking at him, "Unless you think Isaac and Cora are capable of handling a very pissed Scott when he wakes up and is still in the killing mood." "Umm... I'm going to stay here then," Derek says sitting down on the couch. I smile, "That is what I thought."

"Can I come," Cora asks causing me to look at her in surprise. I look at Derek, "What do you think?" "If she wants to, I don't care unless she goes and gets herself killed," Derek says, and I nod. I look at her and say, "Just don't get yourself killed then." "Okay," she says nonchalantly like we aren't talking about her dying. I nod, "Let's go." I go downstairs to the cars, and Brett says, "We're not taking your car." "It just doesn't have a windshield, and I drove it all the way here from the old Hale house," I say. He shakes his head, and I sigh, "Fine, we won't take mine." "So, we have Theo's truck, my jeep, Brett's car, and Cora's car," Stiles says, and I nod. Brett says, "Mathematically speaking, we should have enough seats." "Yes, and we have to worry about the moon with all of us in the cars," Stiles sasses. I look up and the cloud cover is blocking what little sun is still shining, and Theo says, "We better go now, so we don't have to worry about that until we get to the school." "Fantastic idea," I say while getting into Brett's car, and the others follow example.

The school definitely is missing the concrete sign in the front when Brett pulls up. I get out of the car going to the spot the sign is supposed to be, and the claw marks are larger than what I saw in captivity. "He is obviously very angry," Brett says crouching next to me. Liam asks, "What could possibly make those?" "What the Dread Doctors see as the perfect chimera," I answer, "And an old.. um.. friend." "You mean an old boyfriend," Hayden says, and I nod. Stiles asks slightly angry, "Which one? Colby or Logan?" "Umm... Uhh..," I try to slowly walk toward the doors, but Stiles already figured it out. He growls and grabs my shoulder, "Colby?" "Possibly," I say looking away from him. He releases me and marches past me and Brett, "I'm going to kill him." "No," I growl, "We're not going to kill anyone." "What," he growls turning to look at me. I say, "You heard me, Stiles." "Stephanie, I am your older brother," he says, "and he hurt you." "I am your alpha now, not just your little sister, and dumping me isn't punishable by death," I say seriously. He rolls his eyes and asks, "Can I atleast make him in critical condition." "I don't know if you can or cannot, but I'd advise against it," Theo says, "If the doctors made him, and he is supposed to be the 'perfect chimera' then he is going to be a pain in the ass." "You have no idea," Brett and I say. A roar shakes the ground like an earthquake, and Hayden says, "I think he's here."

"That is an excellent observation," I say, and an ominous silence presents itself. I feel a giant hand grip my hair pulling me down into the vault, and I think to myself, "Isn't this lovely?" "Stephanie," Tracy screams as I descend hating the fact I'm in the hands of my monstrous ex, and the pun is intended. Brett roars slamming into a mountain ash barrier, and I watch in confusion. I yell, "Get Mason. He's the only one that can get you in." "I'm not leaving you with him," Stiles growls. I am dragged away before I can say anything else.

"Colby, I hope you know I hate you," I say slapping and struggle, "I really hate you." "Good," he growls morphing into a more humanoid form, but the monstrosity comes back out when he conflicts his being by delicately putting on the stage in the auditorium. He looks at me and points at my stomach, and I turn protectively holding my tummy. He chuckles brushing my hair out of my face, "If I wanted to kill you, I would have, Kitten." "Don't call me that," I growl baring my fangs at him. He bursts into laughter, and I roar, "Why do you take pleasure in tormenting me?" "Because I'm a monster, remember," he say turning into a human with disgust plastered on his face. I search his eyes and ask, "Are you kidding me right now? You are upset I said you were a monster? I wonder what could have caused that to happen, huh?" "I didn't ask for this to happen, Stephanie," he growls. I laugh, "And I did? No, I didn't. The Dread Doctors made my so called dead father attack me, so my brother had to give the bite. Oh, and to top it all off they put microchips in my head to mess with my IED, and I had to have brain surgery. I also had an anchor but lost lost him when my humanity went bye bye because of the remaining microchip on my hypothalamus which I still have. The absolute best part is I was kept prisoner by the Dread Doctors forcing me to get pregnant, so I am not going to pity you because they made you into the Beast because I've been an outcast my entire life, Colby." "I loved that about you," he whispers, and I roar. I yell, "You have no right to say that to me after you dumped me, and I have a mate who is not you." "You know I didn't want to break up with you," he yells back. I roar, "I am not into polygamy, and you are starting to push me over the edge." "What are you going to do," he chuckles, "Lose yourself again." "I just might," I say letting my rage wash over me pushing my humanity out of the way.

"Colby, you look terrified," I laugh maniacally and walk toward him. Colby shakes his head and becomes the giant creature that used to bring me fear, but I just smile deviously, "How cute. You hide yourself in the being that you don't want to be." He roars at me and charges but stops himself before making impact, and I chuckle, "Aww, is conflicted?" I roar and run at him, but he jumps out off of the stage and out of the auditorium. I strut after him as I laugh, "I thought I was the one that supposed to be running." I hear a growl as I walk into the cafeteria, but a screaming Mason runs in, "Stephanie, I've come to the rescue." "That's wonderful," I say flatly, and Mason looks at me funny. I smile, "The Beast ran away, so we can go home." I pat the top of his head then skip out laughing.