Chapter Twenty-Two: How?

I am rolled toward my new room, and the hairs on the back of my neck raise as the sound of static and flicker of the lights happen. I hop out of the wheelchair, and Brett and I run to check on Seth and Allison. We get there, and they're crying, so I pick them up into my arms. They stop as I hold them close saying, "I'm keeping my promise." The lights flicker again, and I hear Scott growl. I put Seth in Brett's arms and hold Allison firmly to my body leading the way out of the hospital. We get to the parking lot when we see the Beast staring at us. I growl, "I'll die before I let them have one of my children, Colby, and I'll kill anyone who tries to stop me." "Kill me, please," Colby says, "It's the only way that I won't be under their control." "They would kill you swiftly," I say handing Allison to Brett, "I'm not so merciful." Colby charges, and I charge. I put my hands out using Colby's momentum against him launching him into the air. I growl, "Brett take them to safety." "You can't fight him by yourself," Brett argues. I roar, "I said go."

Brett quickly takes them to the car. Colby lifts himself off the ground, and I turn toward him snarling. A familiar feeling rips through me causing me to drop to my knees roaring, and windows shatter. I look at the monstrosity in front of me and get to my feet, and he looks at me frightened. I sprint at him growling and tackle him, but he lifts me off of him throwing me. I land in a car and grunt crawling out of it, and an SUV drives in between Colby and me. Kate pulls me inside, and the driver peels out of the parking lot. I growl, "Kate, I was going to kill him." "Stephanie, he isn't the one you should worry about," Mr. Argent says from the front seat. I snarl, "I know that." "Are you okay, Steph," Kate asks. I say, "I'm fantastic. I'm trying to protect my children I just had. What about you?" "Oh my god," Kate says covering her mouth, "How did you have a kid? We weren't gone for that long." "The Dread Doctors," I roar, "That's how."

Mr. Argent stops the car, and Kate opens the door and gets out with me. I growl, "Where are you taking me?" "Somewhere your brothers and pack are," Kate says. I sigh, "My babies are with Brett." "The Dread Doctors have a microchip in you, not your babies," Mr. Argent says flanking me. Scott runs out of the building and hugs me, but I make him stop. "Steph, where is Brett and the babies," Scott asks looking at me. I growl, "I told him to run with Allison and Seth." "Did you push your humanity out again," Stiles asks. I answer, "I did what I had to." "I think blood is going to be shed, baby girl," Kate growls. I smile, "I couldn't agree with you more." "Where is the child," Dr. Cane-guy says causing me to spin around to see all three doctors. I roar, "I don't know because of you." "Alpha-female temperamental," Dr. Tube-trunk says. I laugh maniacally, "Me? Temperamental? I couldn't possibly understand why." "Alpha-female lost," Dr. Cane-guy corrects the first. I growl and charge, "I've always been lost." "Stephanie, no," Scott roars. I roar as I make impact and actually cause Dr. Tube-trunk to fall, and Mr. Argent misses and shoots electrified prongs into my shoulder, but the current flows through my body into the fallen doctor shaking us both. I roar as the shock dies, and the doctor throws me off. Dr. Tube-trunk looks more solid, and Mr. Argent shoots another set of prongs toward the other doctors as I charge at the now solid Dr. Tube-trunk. "You have caused me more issues in less than a year than I've had my entire life," I roar and rip the tubes from his mask. I hear the doctor gasping and wheezing, and he grabs my arms saying, "Alpha-female, I am proud... of you." "Why," I roar, but he goes still and stops breathing.

Dr. Cane-guy picks me up from the dead doctor, and I flip him over me slamming him on the ground, so Scott comes to help me. Scott takes Dr. Cane-guy's cane and stabs it into the doctor's leg, so I punch the doctor until he starts to get up and grab my hair headbutting me. I roar taking the cane pull the sword part out cutting my hair from his grasp. Scott get kicked out of the way, and I run at the doctor bottoming the sword into his stomach. I ask, "Why was the other doctor proud?" "Brought alpha-female back strong... stronger and... perfected... chimera," Dr. Cane-guy says as he drops to his knees. I look into the glass of his mask as shock sets in, "I'm a chimera? How? How did I not know?" "Stephanie," Hayden says patting my shoulder, "They're all gone, but we lost Nolan and Simon." "I died, and I didn't even know it," I say as I force my emotions to rush me, and memories flood my head. Every moment racing through my mind like a movie, and the moment I died shoots to the front of it all. The water enters my lungs as I finally can't hold my breath any longer, and the world turns black until a bright light shines in my face. I wake up with a needle exiting my neck, and Dr. Tube-trunk says, "Alpha-female revived." "Subject ready for heal tests," Dr. Cane-guy asks. The other doctors nod, and a blade slices my skin. The wound heals quickly then Dr. Cane-guy repeats over and over.

I cry and ask, "How did I not know?" "They didn't want you to know," Scott says crouching next to me. I look at him, "You don't understand, Scott. They put me in this mess, and they were the ones that did all of these experiments, but they were also the key to get back the memories." "It's okay not to know sometimes," Stiles says walking up next to Scott, "All that really matters is that you're here, your kids are safe, and we're still here for you." "Bubba, when did you become the optimist," I ask looking up at him, and he shrugs. He states, "I have a reason to be optimistic. My baby sister found her way back by herself." "So did you, Bubba," I say getting up, "I say you finish the last doctor." "Satomi and Derek were right," Scott says, "You both doubt that the demons you face help you build yourself up." Stiles and I look at Scott, but I say, "It's not that I doubt it, it's more I'm waiting for it to eventually tear me back down." "What she said," Stiles says, "That's why we have such a pessimistic view. We've been torn down before." Malia walks up behind Stiles and wraps her arms around his waist, so I walk away giving them their moment. My pack surrounds me, and Theo says, "We know what you are." I look around at all of them, and Corey says, "Stephy bear, I'm still not going anywhere." "I'm not either," Tracy says then one by one my pack hugs me because Theo nearly had a caniption when the others tried to give me a group hug. "Thank you, Theodore. You remembered that I don't do group hugs well," I say as he hugs me. Theo says, "You're claustrophobic, and you hyperventilate and pass out. How could I forget?" "Point taken," I say, "Um.. Can I use your phone?" "Yea," he says and grabs the phone from his pocket. It is put into my hand, and I call Brett's number. The ringing makes me anxious thinking he might not pick up, but he answers, "Hey, Theo. Do you know if Stephanie is okay?" "I'm fine. Where are you," I say, and I hear him sigh in relief. He says, "Where are you at? I'll drive there." "How about I'll meet you at the house," I say. He says, "I'll see you there."

I jump into Stiles Jeep and patiently sit as Stiles drives to Satomi's house. I run inside to find my handsome fiancé holding our crying, hungry babies. Brett looks at me as a cry for help, and I smile taking Allison and feed her. "Seth is hungry too, and I can't feed him like you can," Brett says holding Seth trying to calm him. I get up going to Brett's room and take off my shirt. I feed both of them, and Brett attempts to burp them, but ultimately I end up doing that as well. "Do you know how to change a diaper," I ask Brett, and he shrugs trying. I giggle and take over, "Let me show you." "You're really good at this," he says wrapping his arms around me and rests his chin on my shoulder. I smile, "Babysitting."

I put Seth and Allison in Brett's bed, and they were out like a light in no time. Brett and I go into the living room leaving the bedroom door open, and Satomi and Britney walk into the house. "They're sleeping," Brett and I whisper, and Satomi nods. Satomi asks softly, "Are they safe now?" "The Dread Doctors won't be able to touch them," I whisper giving her a look she understood. Britney asks, "Where are you going to sleep?" "Probably here," Brett says with me nodding in agreement. We say our goodnights and lay down, and sleep swiftly drags me into its clutches.