Chapter 18: The Third Day

I sigh at the thought of school. After all we only have like two more days with poor Sarah. Honestly I don't want to ever give her away. She has been the nicest person i have ever met. We've all grown pretty attached to her since she came to stay. It literally seems like weeks that have went by. How can someone get so attached to someone else in a matter of 2 and a half (not even) days. "Ahh! Oops Sorry mate!""Sorry! It was my fault!" I say. I'm not sure why but I always say sorry for the smallest of things but this time it was my fault for not paying attention. I rush off towards Eli whom had been just steps away. "Hey there!" She greets me with her dashing smile. "Elijah." I laugh at the lame joke. "Ha ha ha." She deadpans. We rush off together to the same class. 

We make our way into World History and greet Mitch and Tyler. "Did you hear? We have two new exchange students!" "Good! This school needs more diversity!" Eli responds. A girl named Ashley "I heard they're British! Hot." I laugh at her comment. "Right. British accents are literally the best." I say in my best british accent. Everyone laughs at my impression posh british people. "I would say that is offensive but I found it quite entertaining!". I look up to see a giant person (Well yeah you're sitting, dummy) I cringe at the bad timing. Damn you Universe! "I'm Dan by the way." The Brit-boy introduces himself to our group of people. Ashley comes up behind me and says "I told you!" We all laugh at that, leaving him confused. "Alright, everyone please take your seats. Now the Trojan horse it was a 'gift' quote un quote from the Greeks-"

~

"Hey can we sit here?" Now let me get this straight just about 7 people at table of like 10 so it was hard to act like all the seat were full. "Ye-umm well- I guess. Sure." I say. Brit- (sorry) DAN whom I had bumped into earlier slumps into a seat next to Carrie. The black-haired one mumbles a small "Thank you." Dan sits down with Brit-boy2. I try to steer away from the awkwardness by continuing my conversation with Elijah and Carrie. "But I still don't believe that stupid test they're making us take is based off of some other country's educational system. Fuck off Europe!" I laugh as I finish my sentence. "Isn't that offensive to the transfers?" Tyler questions. "Tyler... they're right there you know?!" Ty warns him. "Guys I'm pretty sure Dan and Brit-boy2 don't like when people talk about them as if they aren't there." I laugh at their stupidity. Dan and Bb2 chuckle at my nickname for his friend. "Well I mean it's not necessarily offensive if it's funny. By the way, Phil's the name." The bb2 explains. "Well Phil and Dan welcome to this WONDERFUL, GREAT, AWESOME school." Elijah deadpans. She's been awfully sarcastic today. I like it. I lean but in my chair watching people around us. I literally never noticed how big our school  really is. Of course, I still don't love it but it's growing on me, day by day. "Wahhh!-" I fall backwards with my chair. "Whoops, poo." I start uncontrollably laughing again, this time because of the hilarious situation. "Two minutes and I'm already on the floor  dying." I breathe in-between laughs. Never again.

~

We all walk towards the house, talking excitedly about this and that. "So what did you guys think about the transfers?" Ash asks us. "Tell me again why you decided to bring little miss obsessive-over British-people." Ty asks me. "HEY, I just know how to appreciate other countries and their people. Stop avoiding the question! Elijah,Carrie, Lily you guys can't tell me they weren't obviously hot." I laugh at her insistence. "Well Ash for your information British people are just normal people who don't like being choked by questions." I chuckle at her pink blush. "I guess I can get pretty carried away." She laughs it off and we leave the topic behind as we walk. 

"Annd here we are! Home sweet home!" I welcome Ash. Adam walks towards us. "Hey guys! You're home! Bad news, Jason had to go home for some family issues unfortunately." We all sigh, we knew Jason's mother hadn't been doing so well. "There is some good news... Jordan is moving out since he finally decided to got to an actual college." The guys smile at this. Jordan had been sitting on his lazy bum all year and they had finally convinced him to go to a real college not a virtual one. "ASHLEY!" I shout. "WHAT!" both yell back. I laugh with the rest of us. Ashley comes down the stairs. "Is there a reason you interrupted my make-over session?" She says in that British accent. Ash squeals with glee and hugs Ashley. "Get- her - off-me - pluh- ease." I ease Ash off of Ashley introduce her. "Ashley this is Ash or AKA Ashley 2.0" I announce. "Cool! Now one more single lady to hang with! Wait you are single correct?" Ash nods. "Yess!" I chuckle at Ashley's excitement at having yet another single lady on her team.

~

"Sarah let's go walk!" I yell for her. She runs down the stairs with her guitar and sweater in hand. "That was fast?" I laugh. "I was already planning on going out so why not?" She shrugs. We walk down a few streets and then we start chatting away as usual until the conversation comes to a slow stop. "Is it okay if I ask about, you know, your family?" She looks up to me and says "You guys are my family." She smiles that beautiful smile of hers. It absolutely breaks my heart. "I mean before us. Your biological mother and father." I say softly. "Oh, that, well I guess my father died of Alzheimer's." "Oh god. I cannot imagine how that must have felt. How old was he?" At this point we had reached Raker's Park. We sit down at a bench. "He was only 42 when he developed it. Tears started trickling down her cheeks. "He died when he was 44. My mother, well my mother's an alcoholic. She started drinking because she knew my dad wouldn't remember her again. She's an abusive parent. I handled it for the first few years but this time I just couldn't take it. My sister, she left to college before I could even say goodbye. We were pretty close I guess. As close as two sisters from different fathers could be. I guess my life is pretty messed up." "Trust me you're not the only one. I honestly don't remember much from my parents all I know is that we were a pretty happy family then the next thing you know my parents dropped me and Rosy off at an adoption center making promises that they broke." I sigh. "Life has a funny way or working. It takes the most broken people and puts them together and they make each other happy and full again. That hole never disappears though. But you try your absolute best to mend it. You have to keep going for each other." I practically whisper. We lay down in the grass just staring into the sky. "This feels like one of those cheesy movies now." Sarah mumbles. I giggle at how true that is.