Chapter 19: You Don't Just Sit on Them

After going to the park with Sarah we walked home together.

"There's an infestation in my min-" I groan loudly. "What!?" I sigh pausing the music. "Whoops sorry. Well I guess you don't wanna come!" Rosy walks back out of my room slowly. "Ugh, wait up. Where are we going?" "Well me and my friend Harper are going out for a walk. Anywhere really." I shrug and ask, "Can I bring Elijah and anyone who wants to come along?" I cough loudly even though I know that Eli can't read my mind nor hear me. I chuckle at my goofiness. We walk downstairs. "Hey Adam!? We're going out. Be back in 2." I tell him as I walk past him, and into the kitchen. "Ay mamasita trompuda te estan llamando!" I hear the hilariously loud ringtone from my bag and answer the phone. "Hey there!" "Elijah." "Stop. Please!" "But seriously Wren are you coming over? I'm ready to go on a walk." "Great. Wanna know my middle name too?" "Yes, please." I laugh. "Alright, so where are we going?" "I actually don't know just around, according to Rose. She has a new friend." I grab a yogurt from the fridge. "Alrighto I guess I better get ready." She hangs up on me. "Rose come on let's hit the road. Not literally, this time, please." I scold her even before she walks out the door. "Hey I was young back then!" She defends herself. "You were 14..." I laugh at her dimness.

~

"Nose goes!" Of course, I am the very last one to touch my nose. "Damn it!" I walk over and help the 5 year old down from his place in the tree. Damn, children are heavy. I carry the kid down from the tree and back onto the safety of the ground. "Hey, Lily!" I look over to see Dan the British guy. "Um, can I get a hug?" The boy had asked me. "Didn't your mom teach you about stranger danger?" I laugh at his adorableness. Looking back at Dan I greet him. "Hey! Rose, Harper, Eli and I were all just taking a walk." I hug the child and he points to where his mom is. "Come on!" He pulls on my shirt (which was already feeling loose might I add) so I gave in. I walked over to his mom and smiled at her. She seemed tired but content. "Sam! Where were you! I thought I told you not to climb a tree too high!" She hugged him as if he was returning from his four years of college. I awkwardly stood there waiting for him to introduce me. "Mommy! This nice lady helped me down from the big tree!" The woman greeted me with a warm smile that made my grin spread even more. "Hello! Thank you so much for helping out my Sammy boy here. I'm so sorry, I am horrible. I must've lost track of him." "It's fine. I know it must be exhausting taking care of a kid." I say. "Actually, if you wouldn't mind. I have been looking for a baby sitter for him. Do you think you would be able to?" This catches me off guard. "Me? I'm just a random stranger." She laughs and nods. "Yes well, I'm pretty sure you'll still do better than any 'professional' out there. I mean come on! You're already a natural." She says pointing out Sam hugging me once again. "I mean...Alright. I'm free on the afternoons and weekends." She hands me her phone and I insert my number into her contacts. She thanks me once again and walks away with Sam.

I walk back to Eli, Rose, Harper and Dan. They seem to be lost in their own conversation. "Well yeah bu-" "Well! Guess who just landed a job as a babysitter!?" They all look over to me. "Lily, you literally talked to her for like 3 minutes? How did you land a babysitting job?" Harper laughs. We all walk around until we find ourselves back around our house. "Wait, guys, how do you even babysit a child? What do I to to entertain it?" I ask the others frantically. "Well, first of all, don't call them an 'it'. Just make some cookies and bam! They're gonna be eating right out of your hand." Dan consults. "Oooh and also you're not actually supposed to sit on them." Everyone looked at Elijah in concern. "It was just ONE TIME! I didn't mean to!" She raises her hands in defense. "This is our stop then! Bye Dan, see you later!" Rosy waved goodbye. We walked inside to mostly silence. We all just sat in the living room to watch something or the other until we saw the new Super Natural episode.

Team Crafted Adopted Us! WTF?!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara