Chapter 6: Bonding

a/n: Sorry guys if Tony seems a little OOC but it had to be done, at least for this chapter :) hope you enjoy :D Also, dedicated to @MyMiracle05 :D

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 6: Bonding

Andy

                By the second day of school I was known as the trash picking new girl. I had given up trying to make friends the second I entered the school again and I wasn't necessarily hung over it. I could survive high school on my own. I mean, who really needs friends? About three of my classes got switched to AP, including Spanish and English, and I was switched out of Anatomy to AP Biology. So the only classes not AP were P.E and Honors Geometry. The work load was already crazy and it was only my second day. I had spent the better part of my night working through an AP Biology assignment and reading through most of the book in English. Two classes had transferred me immediately at my arrival, after word had circulated through the teacher's lounge.

                I hadn't seen Xander. I looked for him when I headed to home room that day and sat at the same table beforehand. After half the day was over, I figured he might've been absent. But I found myself scanning a room for him when the chance came. The bathroom became my lunch room and the only time I spoke was to teachers awaiting an answer. No one bothered to speak to me and I was glad.

                Besides Xander, I knew of only two others. Lea, the blonde who had made my first day a living hell, and Luke, the guy who was staring at me leave afterwards. I hadn't seen them the second day and counted my blessings as the day went by pretty smoothly. Now it was Friday, my third and last day of school until the weekend. I got out of bed slowly and slipped on my clothes for the day. I walked over to the bathroom to the left and brushed my teeth and hair. I came down the stairs, backpack in hand, only to see that no one was there. I opened the front door and saw that Pepper's car was still in the drive way, but she wasn't in it.

"Pepper?" I called out as I shut the door again. "We're going to be late." I sat myself down on the stairs and put my bag down on the step above me. After a minutes wait, I heard the clacking of heels coming down the hall way and stood.

"Morning" I smiled to her and she held up a finger and pointed at the Bluetooth in her ear. She smiled back nonetheless and walked around in her spot for a bit. She ended the conversation angrily and pushed the button on the side.

"Hey Andy, Tony wants you to hang out with him today in his workshop. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, that sounds cool" I said and she nodded happily.

"I'll call your school and tell them you won't be there. I'll be back around dinner time, Tony's already downstairs. Bye sweetie" she said while she left through the door. I said my good bye when the door shut and left for the stairs with my bag still in hand. I was glad to be out of school, but I was nervous to be with him. He was a really cool guy and we seemed to get along together pretty well. But the other night had freaked me out. I had never seen anyone drunk before. But I've always read stories about how people who do stupid and dangerous things because they had no sense to make order of it all.

"Tony?" I asked as I was by the door. He was standing beside a table, to the left of his desk, with Iron Man's arm resting in front of him. His mouth moved and then he gestured me to come in with his hand. The door unlocked and a loud blast of music lowered at my entrance.

"Hello Ms. Valdez" Jarvis said to me. I've only heard him speak all of three times, but hearing him down here didn't surprise me at all.

"Hey" I said softly and walked over to where Tony was standing. I found a chair a few feet away and sat down in it awkwardly.