Chapter 37: Do I Want To Know?

A/n: This is dedicated to @Pyro_Aura_329! She's read this story more than once! That's shocked me so much! Thank you xx <3

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 37: Do I Want To Know?

Andy POV

"Luke?" I asked, not believing my eyes.

"What do you want?" I heard Shane nearly shout. Luke ignored him easily and continued to walk forward.  All of us were near the car, the doors open and wide. I felt Shane tense besides me but couldn't react, how was Luke even here?

"Go away" he said loudly again. I wish I could see his expression but my eyes were glued to his. Dark brown stared at me heavily; he was wearing a snug leather jacket with similarly colored cargo pants. His hair had grown longer and clung to the sides of his face loosely.

"I didn't come for you, I came for her. Andy, please, let me talk" he said, looking at me. I nodded before I was fully aware of what I was doing and he took me by the hand. They were warm and large, leading me away from my friends, who looked worriedly at me. Claire and Desiree had sat themselves down inside the car, facing out, and everyone else sort of bunched up near them. Shane wouldn't take his eyes off us, his teeth grit, his hands clenched. After another minute, Jeremy moved him back towards the rest of them softly, trying not to provoke him, and placing him next to the twins, who had set faces on our direction to.

I looked forward to see the end of the bridge, the old stone wall to our right. There were two cars heading our direction but passed by leisurely.

"What-what's wrong?"

"Oh god I missed your voice" he said quickly under his breath, heaving a sigh of relief. "Andy, I'm so sorry."

"What?" was all I could muster, my mouth feeling dry.

"I'm sorry, for everything. For all the harm and crap I put you through. If I could change anything in my life, that's what it would be. I would have protected you, I would have made you happy" he said in such a defeated voice that a felt my heart drop.

"Luke you don't-"

"Look, I would have... I... I want you to come with me"

"Where?" I asked bewildered, "where are you going?!"

"It's not safe here anymore, where I'm headed protection is promised, their first priority." He said, edging closer to me slightly. I ignored his advances and tried to picture what sort of place he could be imagining.

"I, I'm not going anywhere" I thought of myself leaving my family behind, and only having him. A shiver ran down my spine.

"You don't understand..." he started but then took a different approach, "I would have left you alone, I was trying so hard to forget you. It was working; it was working, but then last week... I can't get you out of my dreams Andy; I can't get your smile out of my mind your laughter away from my ears, your eyes away from my eyes. I miss you so much you don't even know... I love you"

                Before I could respond, before I could even consider what the hell I was going to say, he all but leapt forward and placed his hands on my face. He kissed me, hard and awkwardly, but managed to keep me still for awhile. After the initial moments of rejection, I felt that same tug in my gut, the strange unusual feeling that scared me out of my wits. He moaned against my mouth, his hand trailing down the idea of my face and to my waist.

                In my fear, I pulled my head back and took a step away from him. The expression on his face looked broken and depressed. What must have only been a few seconds turned into years in my head.