Chapter 24: The Genius' Son

A/n: This is dedicated to @minecraftgirlonly ! Thanks for reading and driving my notifications crazy by voting on Every. Single. Chapter. :D :D   We've reached 3K everyone!!! Woot!!!

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 24: The Genius' Son

Andy

"Where's my dad?" the stranger called out.

"What are you talking about?" I said just as Shane pulled me behind him. I tried to stay where I was but I ended up tripping over my own foot and landing, not so gracefully, at his side.

"Who are you?" Shane asked, on the defensive. I looked to my right to see that he had put a hand on Rachel's wrist, she creeping closer to his side.

"My name is Edward," he started and I heard a 'pfft' sound come from behind us. I looked to see Desiree covering her mouth with her hands, holding in a laugh. Edward quickly dismissed her and continued. "Where is Tony Stark? I know he lives here!" he said in a loud and aggressive voice. His tone was strained, his body leaning slightly forward in anticipation.

"Don't tell me..." I started, feeling my expression widen. No way, this couldn't be true. Tony... Tony would have told me if he had a son. And if not him, then surely Pepper would have managed to hint it off or something. But at closer inspection, I knew it was true. He had both Tony's hair and eyes, and resembled him in facial structure. He looked at me suspiciously, seemingly forgetting his previous goals. He cocked an eyebrow at me, inspecting me as I had done to him. His gaze shifted over to Shane and Rachel before turning sharply to everyone else on the couches.

"Who the hell are you?" he asked just as Tony and Pepper came into the house. They held boxes of food and just walked through the door when they saw Edward's face.

"Who left their little tricycle out on my driveway?" Tony had asked just before he nearly dropped the boxes. Mike and Matt both leapt quickly forward on the balls of their feet, crossing the space between them. They eased the boxes out of Pepper and Tony's hands as they stared at Edward expectantly.

"Oh no, this cannot be happening" Tony said, shaking his head.

"Tony, who is this?" Pepper asked almost instantly.

"I'm his son. My name is Edward James Stark." Edward said, his voice back to its shaky anticipated state.

"Kids, the limo's waiting outside" Tony said, his face somewhat pale. This could not be happening? It wasn't... possible. Everyone on the couch walked awkwardly forward and Edward moved to the side, grudgingly might I add, to let them through. Rachel grabbed my arm in hers and started urging me forward. I refused to move though and Shane had turned around and grabbed my other hand.

"Come on" he said through clenched teeth and I moved forward reluctantly. I looked past at both Tony and Pepper as my friends guided me away and tried to find some answers in their expression. Pepper's was shocked beyond belief, gaping at the teen in front of her. Tony, on the other hand, looked very confused. His face was pale, as if he were going to be sick or faint but his eyes showed a kind familiarity.

                When I turned to face forward, the limo was indeed waiting for us. Everyone piled into the car and I sat on the edge, looking out the window. The car door slammed shut and Jake said he was going to drive us down to the beach. I stared blankly forward, this could not be happening. I looked up after a moment and saw everyone staring at me, wearing worried expressions.

"You okay?" Jeremy asked, but I knew he didn't expect an answer. I just stared out the window again, wishing I could feel Shane's presence beside me instead of the cold numbness that spread through me.