Chapter 30: Come Home

A/n: This is dedicated to @Sapna315 for reading :D

Chapter 30! Never thought I'd get this far!!! Let me know what you think in a comment ;) You know how they motivate me :D

BTW: 6k guys!!! Thanks so much, ily <3

.. : ☼ : .

Chapter 30: Come Home

Andy POV

"Andy I-" he started but I shook my head and turned to him.

"Don't bother." I started, feeling a sudden cold drip down my spine at the sight of him. We stared at each other for a minute, just noting the others get up. Tony was wearing his full suit, red and gold shined at me through the growing afternoon sunlight. His face plate was lifted up, showing his deep brown eyes and a thin line that was his mouth. He stared at my arms and feet, and then to the outrageously large back pack to my side.

"How are they powered?" he asked suddenly.

"Solar panels, they're at the tops. Since I don't exactly have an arc reactor at my disposal, I had to make do with what I had."

"You mean what I had, you got those from my workshop" he said blatantly.

"Yeah, all from the table you said I could use. I believe your exact words were 'Knock yourself out.'" he let out a rough laugh, almost like a bark, and crossed his arms over his chest. "I guess I was just trying to, how did you say, impress you? Well, did I fail this time?" I asked him, my voice filled with emotion.

"Well actually the wielding job could be- I'm sorry" he stopped himself, "Look I'm really sorry for what I-" I cut him off immediately; I couldn't stand to hear his voice anymore.

"Don't be sorry, you were just defending your little ass of a son. No problem" I shined him a half smile, feeling anger bubble up inside of me. An instant memory of the pasta bowl from last night flashed through my mind and I imagined that thick red liquid festering inside of me.

"What did I tell you about-" he started again, eyes a sign of anger.

"Look, it's the truth. If you don't believe me, then maybe it's better that way. You go live with Pep and Edward," I said his name with malice, "and have a happy little life together, okay?"

"What are you-?"

"Why are you still here? We both know that Pepper put you up to this!"

"Well if you'd stop interrupting me, then maybe you would understand" he paused and I folded my arms over my chest, "Look I'm sorry. But, it just doesn't make sense. Why would Edward do that to you? I know you're probably angry at him, because he's my blood son but... look that means nothing less of you"

"You're right" I said slowly, coldly, "It doesn't make sense. Look, I don't know what your problem is, but I am not your daughter. I am not your kid; I am not your responsibility. We both know that when you took me in, it was to do a dead man a favor! Well you can stop now, because the dead man's daughter already knows what she wants to do in life. And it has nothing to do with you" every word that flooded out of my left a bitter taste in my mouth. "So you're right, it doesn't make sense. Why the hell are you still here? You're trespassing, in violation of my natural rights"

"Actually, this mountain doesn't belong to you" he admitted quietly but the incoming wind carried his voice to me loud and clear. The sauce spilled over the edge of the pot, but I sure as hell wasn't going to let him know that. I patted my legs carefully with my hands, still clad in armor, and called for Al. He raced over to me happily and looked at Tony curiously. He stepped towards him, instantly knowing who he was. But I had called him before his expected bounce towards the man I now despised could even fully form. I removed one of the armor gloves and fit Al into my satchel quickly and efficiently.

"What are you doing?"

"Leaving you alone" I said through clenched teeth as I struggled to put the bags back on me. Once everything was in place I let the armor enwrap my arm in a blur of metal.  "Sorry for the bother of housing such an idiotic waste of space" I said loudly before activating the rockets by spreading my palms out wide. I was instantly into the air and, thanks to the other past hours of flying, quickly maneuvered myself up and away. After a moment, I looked back to see Tony a small speck in the distance. He was staring off at me, no sign of following in his stance.

        I quickly turned my gaze and continued to fly up, hoping to find the city soon.

. : ☼ : .

Tony's POV

"Pep, I'm home" I called out in a strained voice. I walked out of the garage, detached from the suit, and walked slowly through the kitchen. My chest felt sore as I began to climb up the steps slowly, thinking of Andy and the last time I saw her on these steps. She was in her pajamas, a tee shirt with pants, her feet clad in electric blue and green socks. The last time I saw her happy, she smiled at me from the top railing and told me goodnight. I never noticed how long ago that was.

                I reached the top of the stairs and saw Andy's door wide open. What the hell? I'm sure she would have closed it. As I walked closer to the door, I heard the hurried shuffling of feet.

"Edward, what are you doing here?" I asked immediately. His body was hunched over and his arms were holding something heavy. I looked down to see Andy's charger placed carelessly on the floor beneath him.

"You..." was all I could say. In less than a second, I realized the truth. All of it came to me in a blink of an eye and rage overcame me. Edward noticed this and backed away with his hands in the air.

"Dad, dad... I can explain!"

. : ☼ : .

"Quick, over here!" I heard a soft Spanish accent call out from somewhere in front of me. I looked back, tears in my eyes, at the whir of red and blue lights. Suddenly, a hand caught me around the waist and the wind was forced out of me as I hit an alley wall.

"God" I muttered, sweat slithering down my face and over my lip. I closed my eyes for a minute, holding my breath until the sound of sirens passed. I looked down to see Al panic stricken in my satchel. Luckily for me I had just hidden away my bag and armor parts in the underbrush from the freeway overpass. I looked down at the floor and saw a pair of heavy boots near my own red vans.

"Thanks" I muttered, trying to see my saviors face.

"No problem, is this your first time out on these streets. You must be in some sort of trouble, otherwise you wouldn't have run away" a small child's voice said.

"Not trouble... just, running. Who are you?" I asked, a hand resting on Al's head, stroking between his ears.

"My name is Jaime, and you?" he asked me. My eyes had adjusted to the dim light and I noticed that this boy was nearly a foot shorter than me.

"Name's Andy" I said, letting out a heavy sigh.

. : ☼ : .

Editted November 6, 2013. Remember to vote and comment! Let me know what you think! :D

((  Sorry, short.  Just realized I should have been studying for my first major history exam. I'll have an update by Wednesday since this is so short, kay, promise :D))

-Ela