Chapter 21: Talk It Out

A/n: This is dedicated to @iamambers for being the first, and only (:P)  to comment on the last chapter lol XD thanks dude, you're "freakin awesome" :)     

           Guys, these chapters have been making me slightly depressed... ble .-.

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 21: Talk It Out

Tony

"Is she okay?"

                I ran out of the room and grabbed the gloves.

"Tony?"

                I rubbed the gel around the socket.

"What happened?"

                Jarvis adjusted the settings to match a defib.

"I'm coming over."

I shocked her. Her back arched into the air and I knew something was really wrong. Defibrillators only had that sort of reaction in the movies; it shouldn't have been so exaggerated. I hit her again, and again, and again. I felt my arms become mechanical, following a set rhythm.

"Come on. Come on" I repeated to myself as I placed my hands on her again. This wouldn't work, it would be too much and I'd kill her. I stopped quickly and tossed the suit gloves to the floor. I looked at her face, eye lids loosely closed. Her whole body was loose, except for her curled up toes. I leaned over to them and massaged them until they were slack. Just as I moved to lift her up, Pepper came crashing into the house.

"What happened? What's going on?" she asked loudly. She wore small shorts and a button up shirt, her feet wrapped in sandals. She ran over and crouched down next to Andy, looking at me with panic.

"She came back into the house and her pacemaker was acting up, come on. I need to replace it somehow." I grunted as I moved to lift her up and she dangled in my grasp. Her neck swerved her head dangerously to the side and I tilted myself so that it fell to my shoulder. Pepper ran ahead of me and put the lock code downstairs. I walked towards the slanted chair in the corner and Pepper moved all of the garbage that was on it out of the way.  I laid her down on it and adjusted the chair so she was lying down fully.

"Jarvis, unlock the EPC. Pepper, go grab it for me. Careful, don't drop it." A small section of the wall was pushed aside to show the large assortment of my MedTech branch. Pepper grabbed the right one and walked over to me hurriedly. I took it from her and ripped off the top disk.

"We have to do this fast. Before her heart decides to act up again." I tossed the body of the EPC and the disk onto the table beside me and grabbed a small blue bottle. I squirted out the goo into my hand and then looked down at her.

"Pepper, you're going to have to cut her shirt. Just enough so that I have access to the plug, hurry, use those scissors." After she had cut a small half circle into the material, I messily spread the gel around the socket and half an inch around it.

"Okay, okay" I mumbled to myself. I wiped my hands on my shirt and placed my fingers on the disk.

"This should pop out if I... ahhh!" I let out a hiss as my arm was electrocuted when I pulled out the disk. "What the fuck?" I exclaimed, staring at the back of the circle. It was a dark black, burned all around. I handed it to Pepper and carefully pulled out the two different colored wires from within. I reached for the new disk and set the wires up to the small circuit board. As I moved my hands back over to the opening, Andy's eyes shot open and she screamed loudly. They closed half way and her body started to convulse.