Chapter 7: Virginia Potts

A/n: Thanks to @Eyafaye for helping me find a way for these two to bond. A bunch of other people helped me so I'll dedicate to them in future chaps! 

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 7: Virginia Potts

Andy

                I slid into the nice leather seats quickly. Pepper had a worried glance on her face but drove into the street immediately. It was only until we were on the main streets when she spoke to me, and I realized we weren't heading for home. I looked out the window as she spoke, unable to make eye contact with her.

"What happened, Andy?"

"Nothing, really, you shouldn't worry about it. I have little episodes like that every now and then, they're really nothing" I tried to convince her.

"Do you have asthma?"

"Nope, I'm perfectly healthy. Trust me Pepper, it was nothing" I said, casting a glance at her and noticing she was watching me seriously.

"How often does it happen? Should we take you to the doctors? I think I'll schedule an-" I cut her off with a shake of my head.

"No, please don't. Doctors freak me out!  Okay look Pep, what usually happens is that I'll sometimes just get a little dizzy after working out or get lazy half way through. Not lazy but I just get tired half way through some things. I'm fine, my body just gets tired easily." I stared at her earnestly at a red light and she turned to look away when it turned green. I didn't tell her about the fainting because it had happened only twice and that was when I was younger. She seemed satisfied with my response. If I even mentioned any of that I was sure she would send me off to get checked by some certified psycho.

I tried shaking off the terrifying feeling of my chest tightening today. I had just finished another lap with my teammates when the pain struck me and I had to sit out the rest. By the time they came back and realized my breathing had only gone worse, they called the teacher. Ms. Bateman had sent me to the office and then they called Pepper to get me. I had managed to pull myself together twenty minutes before she came and was in deep debate on whether I wanted to leave or not. It got quiet in the car for awhile and I recognize the large building of Stark Industries as we rounded another corner.

"Where are we headed?" I asked.

"I have a meeting I have to go to for about an hour. I figured maybe you could hang out and finish your homework during" she sighed heavily and pulled into the parking lot. I nodded and the car was eventually stopped. We walked out and climbed into a closing elevator. I stayed awkwardly by her side, holding my bag strap tightly between nervous hands. My stomach flipped as we travelled up and, after what felt like forever; the doors opened and I felt my mouth fall slightly. The entrance room was huge! There was a uniform pattern of desks with both ladies and gents dressed professionally. The carpet was a cool blue and the walls were white, decorated with a step by step timeline of the company.  From its very first building made by Tony's grandfather to the later branch off of the Malibu sector; the photos quickly turned from black and white to amazing color.

                We walked through the middle of the room quickly and I randomly wondered how Pepper could do so in such high heels. I noticed some people sitting in customer chairs were staring at me strangely and I immediately turned my head down. We turned a corner and Pepper opened up a large door and motioned for me to go inside. I walked in swiftly and stopped two steps in.

"What's wrong?" Pepper asked while hurrying to her desk. She grabbed a pile of paperwork from the smooth mahogany and fit it into a file folder. She looked over to me expectantly and I couldn't help but gravitate towards the large glass window like a fly to a light.