Chapter 26: Hear Me

A/n: This is dedicated to @maddieburger !! Thanks for reading :) 

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 26: Hear Me

"Can nobody hear me; I've got a lot that's on my mind. I cannot breathe, can you hear it too?"

                                                -Hear Me: Imagine Dragons

Andy

The next day I was sitting on my bed, staring at the charger quietly. It made a loud humming sound as it recharged my pacemaker. I let my mind wander to the thought of Luke as the annoying sound blended into the background. I rested my head on the bed post and closed my eyes. It was ridiculous that I was so afraid of him, I really shouldn't have been. I wasn't.

And yet, when I imagined any scenario with Luke, it was of him hurting me. Hitting me, touching me, over me; I felt a shiver run down my spine as fear caused me to open my eyes. The dread seemed so real, it may have made the entire ordeal as real as life. But I had to chant to myself that it wasn't... he would never hurt me again. It was all a figment of my imagination. Something banged on my wall and shook me out of my thoughts.

"What the hell are you doing in there? Sounds like you're using a vibrator!" I heard Edward yell obnoxiously before he opened the door suddenly. In my quick embarrassment and shock, I yanked the charger from out of my shirt and dropped it to the floor. I heard a small sizzle sound come from the device but I paid no mind to it.

"Holy shit" Edward exclaimed as he looked at the snake on the floor. I stood, somewhat breathless, and walked forward.

"What's your problem?! You can't just barge into someone room like that!" I exclaimed.

"The hell is that kid?" he asked, walking forward.

"Get back, no one said you could come in here!" I called out loudly, feeling angry tears prick at my eyes. No way was I going to cry though.

"Calm down kid, jeez" he sighed out in a deep voice.

"My name is Andy" I couldn't help but to say as I walked a step back, arms around me.

"Whatever kid. You can get back to whatever the hell you were doing, you freak!" he spat out before leaving the room, the door wide open. I walked forward quickly and shut the door, making sure to lock it. Just as I slid down the door, tears already forming and ready to spill, I heard Al cry out. I instantly stood and ran across the hall, towards the balcony.

"What are you doing to him?" I called out, patting my thigh so that Al could run to me. He was rolled up in the floor, whimpering, a small puddle beneath him as Ed reached for the scruff of his neck.

"Let him go!" I demanded and walked forward.

"Sure" he gave me an evil smile and looked to the side of the balcony.

"No, stop!" I called out and he walked over to the railing, swaying Al loosely side to side. I felt my breath catch in my throat as he held him over the edge. I ran forward and he looked back at me, smirking coldly.  As I reached my hands out forward to grab Al, Ed dropped him.

                He landed safely on the floor within the railing and scrambled over to me, panicked. I picked him up in my arms as he whimpered and looked at Edward coldly. He laughed and told me it was only a joke.

"Honestly what did he ever do to you? What did I even do?" I exclaimed, feeling all my past worries bubble up inside me. He walked closer to me and I tightened my grip on Al. He stood very close to me before whispering.