Chapter 25: No Rest

A/n: This is dedicated to @BeccaRose30 ! She's an awesome reader and friend!! She won my contest in 'Interview in Progress', so go check out her works please. Trust me you will not be disappointed. 

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 25: No Rest

Andy

"Bye" I managed to say for the last time, staring at the twins as they climbed out of the car.

"See you at school little D" Matt said to me and Mike waved solemnly. I honestly didn't mean to make everyone so uncomfortable, but the feelings just came and still haven't gone.

"Jake can we go home now?" I asked after I had crawled to the front of the limo and tapped the small plastic shield. It opened up and he shook his head.

"I'll have to call in first" he started kindly before looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"Ok" I said and the small window shut close. I sat back down on the seat and stared at the one remaining white box that held both Tony and Pepper's hamburgers. I lifted them up and placed them on the bench away from me before lying down on the supple leather seat. I knew I had to get my thoughts together before we made it home.

                Instant worries over where I stood flooded through me. If this was really Tony's son, then there honestly wouldn't be any room for me. Although it sounded childish to say out loud, it was completely and utterly true. If he hadn't known his son was around, he'll probably want to spend all his time with him. Or get rid of him? Nah, wishful thinking won't get me anywhere.  Well, if Tony wants to spend time with him, then let him. Who cares? Right? I mean, it is his son, technically. And I'm not...

                No, I thought, I can't be tossed out. If you can't beat them, join them. If Edward ends up staying for awhile, than what harm will befriending him cause? If he ends up to be only visiting, then that's even better. But who am I kidding, no long lost son comes to his dad's mansion just to say hello. I think.

"We're nearing the house ma'am" Jake said to me, breaking me out of my thoughts. I sat up and adjusted my shirt. I said my thanks and looked out the window. Once he stopped, I scooted over to the other side of the car nervously. Just... make him your friend. Easy enough. I thought to myself as I placed my fingers loosely on the handle. Just as I pushed out, Jake had pulled the door, leaving me stretched out from the seat to the door.

"Oh jeez!" I said aloud and Jake put gloved hand on my arm. I stood up out of the limo and grinned sheepishly.

"Sorry"

"No need. Next time, let me open the door" he laughed and then went back to the driver's seat. I started walking up the steps to the house when I noticed Pepper's car was no longer there. I wonder how she reacted to the whole ordeal. I opened the door to see Tony hanging himself over a tall kitchen chair, head down in his arms and legs opened slightly. I couldn't see Edward anywhere near him so I quickly choose to run from the situation. Maybe he left, I pondered as I walked quietly up the steps.

"Dad" I heard a male voice call and something in my flinched. I started racing up the stairs like a child who stole a snack before dinner time. As I reached the last step, I looked down to see Edward's eyes trained on me like a hawks'. I waved sheepishly, still trying to get away, and he continued to stare at me with a cold gaze. I froze for the slightest of seconds, wondering where his anger was coming from but immediately started for my room door again. His eyes never left my body as I closed the door and I could barely see him turn slowly to Tony's side.

                Well that didn't work out like I planned. I walked to my bed and almost screamed when I heard a ruffling come from the closet. I opened it quickly only to see Al nibbling on one of his soft toys, lunging at it playfully from time to time. I lay on my bed for what felt like a minute before I heard Tony call me from downstairs. This is it. I walked back down the stairs slowly and kept my head down. I managed to go where Tony stood in the kitchen and stayed closer to him as Edward walked forward.