Chapter 18

Tom fiddled with the buttons of his crisp, black shirt as he looked at Elizabeth as if asking for her permission. Hazel and Eloise Winslow, the twins Elizabeth shared a dorm with, had gone to spend the night in one of the other girls' dorms. They were the only ones who knew Tom and Elizabeth were spending the night together.

Elizabeth laughed and nodded in Tom's direction. Having been granted permission, he began to unbutton his shirt. Once they were all undone, he lifted the material from his shoulders and draped it over the windowsill. He mentally shrugged as he decided to leave his trousers on - for both of their sakes.

"So..." Elizabeth trailed off as she became captivated by sight of the marvellous Tom Riddle. He was beautiful.

His pale skin reflected in the moonlight, giving it a bluish tinge. His ocean-like blue eyes shone as he looked at Elizabeth with such love and innocence that he never thought he'd experience and his dark hair blended in with the dusky sky. His chest was completely bare and his abdomen all the way to his shoulders and his back were well-toned and defined.

"Enjoying yourself?" Tom questioned proudly. He knew he was handsome; gorgeous even.

Elizabeth on the other hand was unsure of how others viewed her. It didn't bother her in the slightest, but she would've liked to know how Tom saw her.

He thought she was simply beautiful. Her long, brown waves and dark brown eyes that reminded him of the heart of the forest caught him in ways he never thought he'd be got; her picturesque face showing beauty that he'd never known. Her plump lips gave him the urge to kiss her softly - which was certainly something he didn't experience often.

Elizabeth had changed in the bathroom and was wearing a long, emerald green nightgown. Tom marvelled at her.

"I suppose I am," Elizabeth said, a little while later. "You're handsome and you know it."

Tom smirked, "Of course."

He continued to be silent for a while. Tom was not one for words. He was more of a seer; he enjoyed being able to interpret Elizabeth's actions and create his own world in his head about what they meant.

Since Elizabeth, Hazel and Eloise had a large room, their beds were all doubles. The pair had slept in the same bed before during their trips to the remote village not far from Hogsmeade, so it was natural for them to lay beside each other as they peacefully rested.

"I'm not tired in the slightest," Elizabeth spoke randomly.

"Neither am I," Tom replied.

Elizabeth let out a sound of amusement. She rolled over onto her side to face Tom.

"Tell me about you. I want to know who you are," she said in a tone of desperation, "I want to know about Voldemort."

Tom felt like he needed to be honest with her. It was about time he let her know what he was up to, after all that time.

"The words 'I am Lord Voldemort' are an anagram of my real name, Tom Marvolo Riddle," Tom told her cautiously, watching for any signs of a bad reaction. She just nodded along, so he continued, "When I claim true power as my own, I will become Lord Voldemort."

"Power?" Elizabeth inquired.

"Power over all of these mere humans. Mudbloods - they aren't special enough to live amongst us," Tom announced, "Nor are Half-bloods. Why would a wizard of such power breed with a filthy muggle?"

Elizabeth sighed. She reached for Tom's hand under her bedsheets, grasping him with everything she had.

"Tom, I hope that you love someone someday," Elizabeth said, and as he took in her words he inhaled sharply, her face filling his thoughts, "Perhaps you will come to understand that even if you don't want to love someone, it might happen. No one chooses love."

Tom was stunned by the way she spoke so softly. She wasn't furious with him for spouting such obnoxious abnormalities - she was just mildly put off by them, and Tom understood that. He wanted to change.

All for her.