Chapter 17: One's self

Carly's POV

"Yes. What do I do first, whom ever you are?"

"Call me Spirit. I am your guide in your journey with one's self." The voice said as it echoed from all around. I couldn't tell where I was but all I knew is that it would be one Hell of a ride. "First, start by closing your eyes." I followed his first instruction and all was black.

"What next, Spirit?" I asked without opening my eyes.

"Now, think of what matters most for you." Spirit said as I followed.

My mind drifted off towards my memories. I don't know what matters most to me. Family, maybe? Not much, my mother left me to be used then killed, but Danny was innocent in all of this. I do like the twerp to say the least. Friends? Yes, but they didn't tell me that they were friends with me only because they had a mission. Alex is the only that I believe and Amanda, but Dustin is trustworthy according to Alex. So, friends matter but they weren't the ones who managed to save me. Love? Nope, Shane doesn't love me really, does he? Or Damon? The last I seen of the Blood Prince was when I was chained to the cell walls. Life? Definitely. I had no intention of giving the only piece that was still true. I am well enough to be alive. Friends, family, and love might all be fake but life is true.

"When you have chosen what matter most, open your eyes." Spirit said as if reading my mind. I followed instructions once more. As my eyes opened wide, what was in front of me was beautiful. It was the forest and the water fall that I used to dream of when I was younger. It was my happy place. I had named it Life since it was the place that reminded me of the reason behind what I was living for. I was living for the beauty of life in every form.

"Is this a real place?" I asked as it sounded closer to a whisper. I couldn't move closer to my dream place since I was paralyzed out of shock. The good kind at least.

"Yes. You never dreamed of this place, it was just a distant memory. This location is a part of the Death Hallow. Not so deadly but still can be fatal. Except, you have only ever been here in spirit form. Nothing more, nothing less. What matters most to you is your reason of living the life you have." Spirit spoke calmly. The voice was right. I never knew that about myself much. "Now, walk towards it."

I did as I was told and I entered the sacred place of my childhood. It felt so natural to do so and to just be here. It wasn't weird at all to be here, on the contrary, it was as if I belonged here. In all my life, I have never felt so at home until I found this place, it was my happy place. My heart swelled at the loving memories that happened here. That's why this place seemed familiar of the sort but I just couldn't place it.

Anyway, my foot touched solid ground as I walked on the grounds of this familiar place. The water falls could be heard with the sweet melody of the place. I never told anyone about this place since they wouldn't have understood. I haven't even told Alex about this place. Moving on, I was walking towards the water fall and the woods around it. Life, the place of my memories, was refreshing from my current reality of being a hybrid princess. I used to be the badass of the school with Alex and my friends but now, I have changed but not by much. It was scary on how much has changed in such a little time. My life had actually flipped. I challenged the Blood Prince, the vampires, my friends, my family, and my so called Kingdom with my ways. No one was ready to face me.

"Good. Since you remembered the basics, keep it in mind. Now, close your eyes and think of your bloodlines." Spirit said as it pulled me out of my thoughts. I followed the directions again but I had such a hard time since I never knew my true family tree. So, I thought of the ones who I was actually related with, as in my mother, Danny, and a few others that I remembered. "Open."

As I opened my eyes, I could see the names of my family members glowing a bright red for the vampires, a bright purple for the witches, a different color for a different race, and a bright light for the humans. I didn't understand much by the trees with glowing names other than the fact that they were a part of my family tree. It was quite interesting to see the races that were mixed inside of me. The one color that I didn't know was blue. I don't know the race that it belongs with but I had a feeling that Spirit was about to tell me.

"The purple is witches. The red is vampires. The bright one is humans and the blue is for werewolves." Spirit said as simple as possible.

"I'm part werewolf?" I asked slowly. I couldn't see Spirit but I could sense whoever it actually was.

"Yes, and you got those genes as your mother and aunt didn't get it from your grandfather. You are due to shift anytime soon since you have finally unlocked your powers and it takes a while since you have a mix of four races." Spirit said as a sharp pain went through my body.

I fell to the ground as the pain grew bigger. My bones began to break and shift around. Now I knew how other werewolves felt during their first shift. My life was already complicated being a hybrid of two races, now I'm a hybrid of four races. Interesting. The pain pulled me out of my thoughts as it never seemed to stop growing. The pain in my body hurt like a bitch. Spirit remained there in silence but it's presence never left. Out of nowhere, the pain stopped. I couldn't believe it. I slowly got up painfully and walked towards the water fall to look at my wolf. I could see a wonderful light brown wolf with a purple eye and the other one red. Strange but cool all together.

"We are beautiful." Someone at the back of my mind whispered.

"Who are you?" I asked slowly as I am still new to this wolf thing.

"I am your wolf, Carly. My name is Dahlia." She spoke softly in the back of my mind. "I will explain everything you need to know about werewolves. Spirit will help too."

***

Heyo! I know that I'm updating past midnight but whatever. Carly is a hybrid of four races and a werewolf is one of them! Which means that she will have a mate... *Cue evil laugh*. I haven't done Carly's POV in a while so there it was. This week's song is "This is how we do" by Katy Perry. So, I hope y'all liked the chapter!

Comment, vote, fan, share!

Till next time my dears!

-NCP274 ;)