Chapter 3: Alex helps out

Carly's POV

I made it home before Shane could catch up with me. I didn't really want to talk to him. He was only trying to hurt me again. He's the reason why my heart has a wall around it. Shane was always a jerk who only cared of if he was satisfied or not. He may seem like the one right guy but he's not. Grr... WHY DO I EVEN CARE? HE SHOULD BE THE ONE TO CARE NOT ME!

Anyway, I went to my freezer and grabbed a tub of chocolate ice cream. Don't judge me! I took a spoon and dug in. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. I went to sit down on the couch in the living room and placed the movie 'Good Burger'. It was a movie that made me laugh and in other words it was my comfort film.

I never like talking about my horrible past. That's one subject that you want to avoid with me. And Shane trying to make me forgive his little ways. Ain't gonna happen. He's too Shane for that.

Changing the subject before I go mad, Danny is less evil than it. Oh! I have to call someone to pick him up. So, I grabbed the home phone and dialed Luke's number.

"Hello?" He answered as the ringing stopped.

"It's Carly." I told him. Doesn't he have caller ID?

"Oh, hey. Why are you calling?" Luke said. I think he might of had a nap.

"Can you pick Danny up?" I said as I got to the point of the call. I'm not really big on sugar coating stuff.

"Sorry, I'm busy. Bye" He said as he hung up.

"Bye, Mr. Lazy-Luke." I muttered. I giggled because of the new nickname I have for him. Usually, I'm a little meaner but I'm going to be nice for now because I want something that I won't get. A person to get Danny for me from Shane.

I dialed Dustin's number but it went to voice-mail. And he sent a text saying that he was shopping with his younger sister, Jenna. That was going to take a while. Finally, I called Alex. I didn't bother with Amanda or Tanya because they went shopping for new clothes. I wonder why. No wait, I don't because it's for Shane to notice them. Oh well.

"Hello, you got Alex. What's the 911?" She said as she answered.

"Can you pick Danny up?" I said.

"Sure. When do I have to pick him up?" She asked.

"Well, I don't know. He'll call when he's ready to leave." I told her.

"I've got no plans for the rest of the day, so I'll come over and pick him up later on." Alex said, and I can feel her smirking from a distance.

"Okay. See ya soon." I said as she answered the same and hung up.

*30 minutes of watching TV later...*

My eyes fluttered open as a knock happened at the door as Alex walked inside. She gave a quick greeting and placed her sleeping bag, pillow, and her suite case near my bedroom door.

"Hello." I barely said.

"You knew I was going to sleepover, right?" She asked kinda hesitating.

"Yeah, I realized and it's okay." I said still trying to wake up.

"Good thing. So, did you talk to the Shane lovers?" Alex asked while trying to contain a laugh.

"No, I didn't try because since I knew Shane, they would ask for every detail and right now, I'm not really in the mood for it." I answered.

"Oh." She said still thinking about something. "So, what do you want to do first before the little devil comes?"

She always knows what to do, even when someone needs cheering up.

*

Shane's POV

I tried to follow her but she's too quick. No wonder why she was on the cross-country team before. I still don't understand why she's angry at me, it's been over 5 years since it happened. Girls. They have too many feelings.

I got back in the house and went up the stairs to go watch her brother and mine playing. As I went up the stairs my iPhone rang. Amanda. She's been calling a lot lately, I don't know why or if I should care at the moment.

"Hello?" I greeted the person on the other side of the line.

"Hey." Amanda said. Her voice was cheerful for some reason.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but what do you want?" I asked. This phone call was starting to get on my nerves. Carly just stormed out of the house while swaying those hips... I'm not going to end that sentence.

"Want to hangout? It'll be just you and me." She asked as her voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Can't I'm babysitting." I said. For once, watching my brother and his friends became an excuse to get out something that I might regret.

"Oh, I can help if you want." She asked but she's trying something and right now I can't figure it out. I don't really have the right mood for it.

"Sorry, I'm not allowed to do that." I said.

"Okay, fine then see you tomorrow at school." Amanda said with a bit of sadness in her voice.

"See you tomorrow, bye." I said as I hung up.

My phone buzzed again as soon as I finished with Amanda. Tanya. It was only a text. Which ended the same way as it did with Amanda. They were up to something. They seem a lot like my friends from back home...

I went to Ky's room and I heard the two yelling while playing. Danny noticed that his sister wasn't there as his eyes scanned the room. He realize that Carly was nowhere in sight as his eyes looked everywhere possible. When Danny stopped his observation, he looked at me.

"What happened to Carly?" He asked as Ky paused the game.

"She left, and said to call when you want to come home. She'll send someone to come pick you up." I informed him. Danny's green eyes found mine with curiosity tracing his every glance.

"What did you do now, Shane?" Ky said as he entered the conversation. My brother always thinks that I did something wrong. I don't do that all the time.

"I wanted to know why she's still mad and made a joke about it. Then, she stormed off. But something tells me she's mad about something else too." I said half-talking to him and half-talking to me. Her words were still fresh in my mind. It's like they had a double meaning.

"You don't realize that Carly isn't one for trusting people unless they prove it to her but still..." Danny said as he trailed off. He knew that he said too much about his sister as he shut up.

"Okay, but she wouldn't hold a grudge against me, right?" I asked hoping the answer would be no. I knew deep down that from her reaction, she would.

"She can and she did." He answered in a 'duh' tone. His words hurt. Like they say, the truth hurts like a bitch.

"Is there still a chance that her and I can start things over?" I know it's silly to ask a kid about teenage girls but he's her brother. Danny should know this kind of stuff.

"About 1% chance out of 100% but good luck." Danny said while trying to hold a laugh.

I'll take it. I silently said to myself.

"Hey! So about some pizza for supper?"

****

Hey, readers! I hope y'all liked Shane's first POV ! The chapter wasn't long but I really want to get to the fun stuff. So, yeah... Have a nice day!

-NCP274 ;)