Chapter 48

Time skip: Ginny is 8 and 1/2 months pregnant. (Because I don't have any other ideas of what to do next so...)

. . .

Harry POV:

"Harry," Ginny shakes me awake. "Harry, wake up. It's time."

I blink slowly. "Time?"

"The baby is-ah-coming." She says clutching my hand.

I grab my glasses and walk over to her side of the bed. "Hey, Ginny it's okay. Look at me. Breath, breath."

"Just get my bag!" She yells, standing up and struggling over to the door. "Call Kreacher to get Ron and Hermione."

I nod. "Ginny don't try to walk down the stairs!"

"Shut up, Potter!" She yells back at me.

I bite my tongue and call Kreacher. "Get Ron and Hermione and tell them to come here to watch Teddy. The baby is coming."

"Yes Master Harry?" POP!

I find Ginny at the top of the stairs. "Shut up and help me down the stairs before I murder you for doing this to me."

I help her down the stairs, she whispers curses at me while we walk down.

POP!

"Ginny!" Hermione yells, Ron runs over and helps me get her down the rest of the stairs.

"Teddy is sleeping. We'll let you guys know when you can come. Just let Teddy sleep."

"Harry! We need to leave now if you don't want me to have this baby in the living room!" Ginny yells.

. . .

I help Ginny out of the car and we walk into the hospital. "My wife is in labor."

The receptionist stares at me in awe for a few moments. "Huh?"

Ginny groans. "They're getting stronger!" She grips my hand tightly.

"Oh!" The receptionist exclaims. "Follow me," she wheels over a wheelchair and Ginny sits down.

"Thank you." I say.

Once Ginny is settled in the bed the healers give her numbing medicine. "Harry," she says patting the bed next to her.

I sit next to her, "do you need anything?"

She shakes her head. "No. I'm sorry for yelling at you."

I kiss her forehead. "It's okay Ginny. Are you okay? Can I do anything for you?"

She nods, "yes. Have the baby for me? I've had the thing for nine months, it would be great if you could take this day."

I laugh and kiss her forehead. "Try to sleep Ginny. The healers said it would be a while before the baby will come."

She nods and rolls onto her side. "This is the only way I can tolerate the pain. I can still feel it a bit."

I nod. "Shh, sleep." I start to run my fingers through her hair, knowing how much she liked that.

There is a quiet knock on the door. I walk over and open it. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are standing there.

I open the door for them. "Ginny is resting but you can come in."

"They numbed her?" Mrs. Weasley.

I nod and fluff Ginny's pillow. "She screamed at them until they did."

Mr. Weasley nods, "I can imagine."