Chapter 71

Hermione's POV:

I sigh of relief when I know I'm done with the grueling process of pregnancy, labor and birth. My daughter's cries fill the birthing room, I watch as they take her away from me to be weighed, measured and to have her air ways cleared.

Ron smiles at me and pecks my forehead, he leans down to whisper in my ear, "good job, 'Mione. She's beautiful."

They finally bring her over to me, she's wrapped in a baby-pink blanket. She's still crying but only quietly. I sit up to take her into my arms and Ron places some pillows behind my back. She quiets when she gets into my arms.

I look down at my baby, she has a tuff of red hair on her head and Ron's big blue eyes. "Hello, darling." I whisper, my eyes filling with tears.

Ron laughs and kisses the top of her head, "Hermione," he whispers, I look up at him. He has a stupid grin on his face. "Hermione, we're parents."

I press a kiss to his nose and nod. "We are." I move over on the small bed so Ron can sit next to me. He wraps an arm around my shoulders as we gaze down at our daughter. "She's so beautiful." I comment.

"Do we have a name for her yet?" A nurse asked.

I shake my head and Ron and I answer together. "No. Not yet."

"That's alright, for now we'll just call her Baby-Girl Weasley-Granger." She smiles at us, Ron and I discussed that since I didn't change my last name our children should have both of our surnames.

• • •

Ron's POV:

While Hermione sleeps, I rock my daughter slowly in my arms. She's awake now, Hermione fed her before she went to sleep and I changed her. The nurses said that she would probably fall asleep too, soon, so I'm trying to spend as much time with her when she's awake.

Big blue eyes, my eyes, stare back at me. And her red curls peak out from under the little hat the hospital gave her. She also has bright red cheeks, she has since she was born. The Healer said that it was nothing to worry about. "Hello, darling." I whisper. "It's nice to finally meet you." She just stares back at me, her eyelids starting to drop.

I sit down in the chair next to Hermione's bed, the baby squirms slightly. Once I'm settled and have stopped moving, she falls asleep. A nurse comes into the room, she smiles and walks over to me. "If you have a pillow under her, it won't cause your arms to get too tired while you hold her." She grabs the extra pillow Hermione tossed aside when she laid down and sets it underneath my arms and my sleeping baby.

"Thank you," I say, pushing the chair back so it reclines a little bit. I close my eyes, not trying to fall asleep, but with my warm, sleeping baby in my arms I can't help it.

I'm woken up by the warmth of my daughter leaving me. My eyes snap open and I sit up fast, scared that she either fell out of my arms or someone took her. Hermione smiles at me and lifts her up onto her shoulder. "I see you two had a nice nap." She laughs.

I yawn and watch as she sits on her bed and starts to feed the baby. I stand and stretch, cracking my back in the process. Walking over to Hermione, I grab a blanket to place over her chest, thinking she might be cold. She smiles up as me and glances down at the open spot next to her.

I sit down next to her and place a kiss on her temple. "I love you, Hermione."

"I love you, too, Ronald." She whispers, leaning into me. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her close. "What do you want to name her?" She asks me.

I shrug. "I don't know. We talked about names and such but she just doesn't look like any of the names we liked." Hermione nods and lifts the baby up onto her shoulder and starts to burp her.

"I think so, too." Hermione says. "None of the names we picked are right for her. I feel bad that we don't have a name for her yet."

I shake my head and kiss the side of her head. "Don't feel bad. We just have to find the perfect name, is all."

Hermione nods, and looks up at me. "Can you do something for me?"

I sit up, eager to help my exhausted wife. "Of course, love. What do you need?"

"Can you go home and bring a change of clothes for me and the baby. And my shampoo and conditioner?" Hermione asks. "And maybe you could send in some of your family? Your mum perhaps? She's loves new borns. You can ask Ginny and Harry too - but I don't know if seeing how healthy our baby was and how they almost lost their baby will make them upset."

I kiss her forehead, Hermione. Always so considerate. "Of course, love. What do you want me to bring for you to wear?"

"Can you bring that sweatshirt of yours that I like so much? And a pair of your sweats?" I nod and peck her lips and place a kiss on my daughter's red cheeks.

"I'll be back as fast as I can."

• • •

Hermione's POV:

(A/N: I don't know why Ron and Hermione named her Rose, I like the name I just don't know the story behind it so this is what I came up with. I think it's kinda cute)

I run my finger on my sleeping daughter's red cheeks. They're so cute, it almost looks as if she's blushing. I set her down in the little bed the nurses take her in and out on at night. I decide to fall asleep when I see that Molly hasn't come in yet and neither has anyone else.

I wake a little later to someone cooing over my daughter, it's one of the nurses. She picks her up and carries her over to a changing table. "Look at those rosy cheeks, you have there. Rosy, rosy cheeks." She laughs as she changes my baby.

Rose.

I sit up and walk over to the nurse. "C-can I change her?" I ask, I need to look at her again. I need to see if she looks like a Rose.

The healer nods and steps aside. "Of course, I was coming in to check on you two and I heard her whining so I decided to change her before she woke you. I'm sorry if I did." She confesses.

I wave her off, shaking my head. "No, no, you're fine." I study my daughter's face and test the name. Rose.

When I lift her off the changing table I sit back down on the bed and look down at her. I test the name again, Rose. She looks like a rose, it's perfect. I just hope that Ron will like it.

• • •

Hey guys!! Sorry it took so long to update but believe it or not I actually have a life (ha not really but I was busy with swimming and my summer courses I'm taking)

Anyways! Little Rose is here!! Yay!!

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, again sorry it took so long. My summer has been crazy!! A good crazy, I have a friend coming over today and three coming over tomorrow and my parents are out of town so I'm on my own and whatnot.

Also! Guys! On July 23 I'm leaving for a mission trip in Montana. Me and like 49 other kids from my church are driving from Minnesota all the way to Montana. We're staying in an Indian reservation, and we're going to help the people there with home repairs. Painting and deck fixing and whatnot. So I'll probably update one more time after this and won't update until after July 31. Just a heads up guys!!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope to update soon!

I love you all!

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.

Keep calm and fangirl on!

💜Rachel