Chapter 57

Ginny's POV:

"Harry please be careful!" I yell as Harry pushes off the ground Teddy squeals and grips the broom. "Harry!" I shift James in my arms, he squirms and flails his legs.

Harry shakes his hand. "He's fine! Calm down, Gin!"

I groan and bounce James on my hip. He pulls at my hair and makes a high pitched noise. "What?" I ask him. He pulls my hair again and makes a noise of complaint.

I take my hair out of his fingers and I set him down. "You're not going to be a very happy baby soon." I laugh knowing the ground is wet and James does not like being wet.

He's on his hands and knees, he stares at the grass. He lifts a chubby hand and hits the ground, splashing the water. He sits back on his bottom and starts crying, I shake my head and pick him up. "You're something else, you know that?"

I tickle his stomach, he squeals and tries to push my hands away. "Mama," he says playing with my necklace.

I look back up at Teddy and Harry, Teddy's hair is changing as his emotions do. I can hear his excited screams and giggles.

James starts to chew on my necklace but I give him my finger instead, so he doesn't swallow any of the small pieces.

When Harry and Teddy land, Teddy complains. "I want to keep going!"

"We'll do it again soon I promise," Harry says. Teddy huffs and stalks inside.

"Da," James says reaching for Harry.

I hand him over. "Careful," I warn, "his butt is wet."

Harry laughs and tickles James's stomach. "You silly boy." As we walk back into the house Harry takes his hand in mine. He sets James into his playpen.

He leads me into the kitchen, our hands still linked. "So, what do you think about going out tonight? Hermione and Ron can watch them."

I wrap my arms around his neck. "I think it sounds amazing. We could have them stay the night," I lean in and press my lips against his. "Stay the night in a hotel," I whisper against his lips.

He smiles against my lips. "Sounds wonderful."

Our lips connect again in a frenzy. With James teething and crying during the night we haven't had much alone time. "I'll owl Ron and Hermione, you can make a reservation at a hotel."

He nods and moves his lips to my neck. "What hotel?"

I shake my head. "Doesn't matter, all I need is a bed."

He laughs and pulls away, he kisses my forehead lightly. "I'll make sure they have one."

"Shut up," I shove him away, "and go make the reservation."

. . .

Hermione's POV:

James screams again and yanks on my hair. I try rocking him, to get him to calm down. "That's not what Ginny does." Teddy says.

I look over at him. "What does Ginny do?"

"His teeth hurt," Teddy says. "You have to give him a ring-y thing. He has one in his room. I'll get it."

I look over at the clock, 6:05, Ron will be here soon. I bounce James, "shh... it's alright."

Teddy comes bounding down the steps, he trips slightly but recovers. "Here!" He proclaims proudly.