Chapter 19

Ron POV:
When Hermione and I wake the next morning, we creep quietly out of the bedroom, so we don't wake Teddy. Who is sleeping with his arms wrapped tightly around the stuffed wolf.
Hermione sits at the table, I rub her shoulders. "Want a spot of tea?" I ask, she nods her head. I start the water and sit next to her.
"What are we going to do, Ron?" Hermione asks.
"What about love?" I ask.
"Teddy, I don't think I can handle it if he is crying all day long, like last night." She says.
"We can go to see my mum if we can't calm him." I tell her, rubbing her shoulders again. "I'm sure at least one of us had a meltdown when my dad left for work."
"I suppose..." Hermione says as the tea kettle starts to whistle.
I get up and pour her and I a cup of tea when Teddy yells from upstairs, "Harry!"
Hermione groans. "I'll get him love." I tell her.
I walk upstairs to see him sitting up in his bed, Harry told me that he can't climb down the three step latter yet so I lift the small boy out of the bed. "Harry?" Teddy asks.
"Harry and Ginny are on vacation bud, but 'Mione and I are here."
"But I want Harry," Teddy says as we walk down the stairs and enter the kitchen. Hermione looks at me with wide eyes, almost as if she is scared of the temper tantrum he will through.
I nod at her, saying 'I got this.' Hopefully. "Teddy when you say that it makes Hermione very sad." I wink at Hermione and she fakes a sad looking face. "You don't want to make her sad do you?"
Teddy reaches for Hermione. She takes the small boy in her arms, "'Mione sad?"
"I will be if you say that you only want Harry."
Teddy's face twists in confusion. "But I want Harry." He starts to cry. I take him from her and press his face into my chest. "Harry!" he screams pushing away from me and squirms to get free. I set him down and he runs into the living room. "Harry!"
I sit next to Hermione, "what did we get ourselves into, love?"
Hermione laughs and shakes her head, "I don't know."
"Harry!" Teddy screams I hear the front door open and close.
"Teddy!" I jump into action, running to the door and pulling it open and running after him. He is running towards the street. I catch up to him and pick him up.
"NO!" he screams.
When I get inside I set Teddy down and grab him by the shoulders, "WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING?" I shake him with each word. "EDWARD LUIPN LOOK AT ME!" He does. "NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! UNDERSTAND?"
Teddy looks frightened, he nods and bursts into tears.
Hermione bends down in front of Teddy, "Teddy go in the corner over there, we will tell you when you can come out." She says sternly.
Teddy nods and runs over to where she pointed and sits down, crying quietly.
I go into the kitchen and sit down, putting my head in my hands. "Ron?" Hermione asks.
I don't look up, "I don't know what came over me. I was just so scared that he would get hurt and I just yelled at him. I screamed at him, 'Mione." I look at her tears running down my face. "Did you see how scared he looked?" Hermione nods slowly. "I did that 'Mione." I say putting my head in my hands again.
"Ron?" I look up and she sits in my lap her legs draped over my thighs. "I'm proud of you."
"Proud?" I ask.
"Yes, you handled that situation just like a father would. You scolded him, which you needed to do. He put his life and yours in danger for running into the street. And you punished him, for doing something very dangerous."
"Technically you punished him but, thank you Hermione." I kiss her playfully.
"We should probably owl Harry and Ginny," 'Mione says while I kiss her neck.
I'm about to argue but I think better of it. "Very well, will you write it?"
"Yes. Why don't you get breakfast ready? And..." she adds, "lock the front door."
I do as she says but I do the latter first. After I lock the door I start on breakfast, when she comes in she hands me the letter, I read it and send it to Harry and Ginny.
I set the table, "should I talk to Teddy?"
"Yes, then we will eat breakfast." Hermione says filling our cups with tea.
I walk over to Teddy and sit down in front, "Teddy can you look at me?"
He does. "I-I'm s-sor-sorry R-ron."
He wraps his small arms around my neck. "Teddy do you understand why 'Mione and I put you in a time-out?"
"Y-yes I-I was cryin' for H-harry." He wipes his nose with his sleeve.
"No Teddy. It's because you ran outside and almost went into traffic. You could've gotten hurt Teddy. You ran outside without me or Hermione. You could have gotten very, very hurt or even killed." I tell him looking straight into his eyes. "You will never do that again, right?"
"Yes." Teddy whispers.
I smile and ruffle his hair, "come here." I say opening my arms. He wraps his arms around my neck. I carry him into the kitchen and we sit down to breakfast.
Harry POV:
"No!" Ginny giggles running away from me.
I grab onto her waist with one arm, "Where do you think you're going Potter?" I whisper seductively into her ear.
I put my hands under her shirt and kiss her neck. "Haarrryyy," she moans but we get interrupted by an owl tapping at the hotel window.
"You have got to be kidding me," I say.
"We told Ron and Hermione to owl us if something was wrong with Teddy." Ginny says.
I run to the window and take the bird inside. I grab the letter and read it;
'Dear Harry and Ginny,
This morning Teddy woke up crying for Harry we tried to calm him down but when Ron tried to pick him up he wanted to be put down so Ron did and he ran to the living room. Ron and I were in the kitchen when we heard the front door open then close. Ron ran outside after Teddy.
I gasp, "What? Harry what's wrong?" Ginny asks.
I continue;
Ron ran after Teddy and picked him up just before he got into traffic. Ron brought him back inside and scolded him, he is in a time-out now.
But he is fine nothing happened to him. I promise that Teddy and Ron are okay.
Love,
Hermione'
As I read the note Ginny was yelling at me. She grabs me by my shirt her face up against mine, "Harry Potter you tell me right now, what happened to Teddy!?!" she shouts.
"He ran outside almost ran into the street but Ron saved him." I tell her.
She lets go of me and grabs the letter. "What? Are they okay?"
I pull her into me, pulling her into a tight hug. "Shhh... Ginny Ron and Teddy are fine."
She breathes a sigh of relief, "Did they punish him?" she asks pulling back.
"Yes. I'm guessing he yelled then punished Teddy." I tell her.
"Then Ron probably felt bad that he yelled at him." Ginny says.
"I'll write back," I tell her.
"Okay. I'll meet you in the bedroom." Ginny whispers her hot breath in my ear and walks away swinging her hips as she does.
I quickly write my letter to Ron and Hermione and send it to them.
I walk to the bedroom and see Ginny lying on the bed. "Care to join me, Mr. Potter?"
I smile and walk over to the bed. "It would be my honor Mrs. Potter."
Hermione POV:
I hear a light tap at the window as I clean the dishes. I look up to see our Owl, Jasper. I take him inside and put him in his cadge. I read the letter;
'Dear Ron, Hermione and Teddy,
Thank you for telling us what happened. And thank you for saving Teddy, Ron. You did the right thing, punishing him. And if you yelled at him that is the right thing also, I would have done the same thing as you did.
I have to go, Ginny is waiting for me.
Thank you for watching him!
Love,
Harry and Ginny.'
I show the note to Ron, who is playing with Teddy.
When he reads the part about, 'Ginny waiting for him.' He says, "Bloody git, he is probably having his way with her right now."
"Ronald!" I exclaim slapping the back of his head, Teddy erupts into a fit of giggles.
"What?" he asks.
I grab the front of his shirt and bring his face to mine, "watch your mouth around Teddy."
I let go and he hangs his head. "Sorry 'Mione." Teddy giggles again.
I'm beginning to think that maybe this week won't be too bad, then night falls and we have a repeat of last night.
Ginny POV:
Harry silently draws small circles on my back with a light finger as I play with his messy black hair. It's moments like these that I never want them to end. He kisses my forehead, "I love you Gin."
"I love you too Harry."
We fall into a deep sleep.