Chapter 75

*continued from the last chapter*

I kiss Ron's temple and run my fingers through his hair, he leans into my touch. Then his eyes go wide, "w-wait I-I can't be an Auror with a cane..." his face falls when he realizes what she meant. "I can't be an Auror anymore, can I?"

Fields shakes her head, "no, Mr Weasley I'm afraid I cannot recommend to your or to your boss that you return to your work as a field agent for the Auror Department."

Hermione's POV:

Ron looks stunned when Fields tells us this. I clear my throat. "Could you give us a moment, please?" I set Rose on the chair and I give her a ring to chew on.

I sit on the edge of the bed next to Ron and take his hands into mine. I look up at him, "are you okay with this?"

Ron looks over at Rose, who is sitting in the chair and chewing on the ring drool running down her chin, and nods. "I-I think so... I-I mean... Harry quit being an Auror because he has two children and a godson to be there for... and... now I have a child..."

I nod and brush the hair away from his face, then I run my hand down his cheek to his chin, feeling the sharpness of his five o'clock shadow whiskers. "I understand, Ronald."

Ron clears his throat, "but financially..."

I laugh and shake my head. "Ron let's not worry about that right now... and obviously you can't stay at home for the rest of Rose's life, neither can I, but let's just focus on you resting and healing. Okay?"

Ron nods and I lower his bed so he is lying flat, "sleep." I instruct. "I need to get Rose home, and I need to sleep. I'll come back tomorrow morning." I pick up Rose.

Ron laughs. "Hermione, it's 7:00 in the morning. Go home and sleep, and come back when you're fully rested. Have Harry and Ginny take Rosie, I don't want her getting sick."

I kiss his forehead and lean down so he can give Rose a kiss. "I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too."

• • •

Harry's POV:

I sit on the floor with Al, a sleeping James rests on my chest and Teddy is asleep on the chair next to me. Al giggles and grabs onto the seat of the chair, pulling himself up into a standing position.

Al taught himself last week how to do that, Ginny and I had been planning on working on it with him but one day he just grabbed the edge of the table and pulled himself up from the floor.

Ginny had left a little bit ago, when her captain learned that Ron would be fine she made Ginny go to practice. But I knew she wouldn't mind, flying keeps her mind off of things.

Molly pulls Al into her lap and tickles him, "oh how I miss babies, Harry." Al squeals and wriggles free of Molly's arms, only to fall on his bottom. "Ron was one of my favorite babies, you know? His brothers were always very sensitive, cried all the time. Ron was so quiet, and he slept through the night around four months old."

I laugh and help Albus stand back up again. "I don't find that hard to believe - it was crazy trying to wake him for those early morning classes at Hogwarts."

"Da!" Albus exclaims letting go of the chair, only to fall down again. He starts to cry and reaches for me.

I sigh and set James on the blanket, I lift Al into my lap. I look at Molly and I can tell she wants to say something, something about my parenting. "This is all Ginny's doing." I say. "She babies him to no end, always coddling him. He likes the attention." I explain.