Chapter 78

*continuing from last chapter*

Teddy's POV:

The Headmistress and I sit at the kitchen table, Nanna made her a cup of tea and she gave me a glass of water. We open the first album. The first picture is of a little boy, that is younger than me but definitely older than James standing with a man and a woman. Headmistress McGonagall smiles and studies the picture. "I don't know much about your father's life before he turned into a werewolf, but I can tell you who he is with. This is his father, Lyall and his mother, Hope. Now, your grandfather worked at the Ministry of Magic he was renowned for his work--do you know what that means?"

I shake my head and take a sip of my water. "No, I don't."

She smiles and starts to explain the word to me. "It means famous or well known. He was a Non-Human Spiritous Apparitions. He took care of beings that are never truly alive. Does that make sense?" I nod and she smiles at me again. "Now, I'm going to let your Nanna tell you about how your father turned into a werewolf."

I turn to face my grandma who smiles at me somewhat sadly. "Teddy, what I want you to know about werewolves is that they have a... stigma that surrounds them. Many people in the wizarding world think that they are very bad people, and some are but some aren't. Your father was a wonderful man, who cared about everyone and their well being. He loved you and your mother very much, no matter what you hear about werewolves know that your father was a good man. You can always talk to me or Harry about him, okay?" I nod.

Nanna smiles and clears her throat. "Your grandfather, due to his work with the Ministry had to do an investigation on Fenrir Greyback. He was a very bad man, Teddy, he lived up to the stigma that surrounds werewolves. Anyways, due to complications with the case, Greyback got into your father's bedroom and attacked him. Lyall stopped Greyback from killing your father but there was no stopping your father from turning into a werewolf. Lyall searched everywhere for a cure, but there is no cure once you are bitten by a werewolf."

When Nanna finishes the story we are quiet for a moment, Headmistress McGonagall turns the pages of the book until he gets to a photo of my father but he is older now. "Your father loved to learn, loved it. He couldn't get enough books to learn from. When your father was your age, his parents never thought he would be able to go to Hogwarts but a man came to their small house to tell them that Remus could go to school. Do you know who it was?"

I shake my head, "No, ma'am."

"It was Albus Dumbledore. He went to the Lupin's house to tell them how Remus would be able to go to school and learn to his heart's content." She turns to the final picture. "This is your father the day he went on the Hogwarts Express." I study the picture, he has a couple scars on his face but he has a really big smile on his face.

• • •

I open the next photo album, my father is older than me in the first photo. "This is..." The Headmistress trials off, thinking about the picture, "I believe this is your father's second year."

We flip through the book, most of the pictures are of the Hogwarts' grounds and whatnot. I turn the page to come across a picture of my dad sitting with three other boys. I know each of their faces, of course. Harry has showed me other pictures of his dad and their friends.

Each picture that has my father with his friends makes me smile, in each one they're either smiling or laughing with each other. One of my favorites so far is one where they're trying Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. My dad's eyes are scrunched together in disgust, Harry's dad is laughing at my dad, Sirius and Peter are both trying a bean, the picture restarts before I can see their reaction. (A/N: the picture 'restarts' because I like to think that the pictures are like gifs)