Chapter 61

Harry's POV:

"Happy birthday dear Teddy..." our voices practically echo throughout my house. "Happy birthday to you!"

Teddy grins and takes in a deep breath, his cheeks puff up and he lets the air go. The flame on the seven candles go out. He grins at all of us. "Cut the cake!" Ginny gives him a stern look and he smiles sheepishly. "Please."

Ginny laughs and kisses the top of his head. "Good boy." She takes it into the kitchen and I set James in Arthur's ready arms and follow her.

She whisks her wand towards the slices of cake and the plates fly into the dining room. I peck her cheek and grab the last two plates. "Here you are."

Ginny smiles at me and we walk back to sit with our family. I ruffle Teddy's hair and sit down next to him. "Are you having a good birthday so far?"

"Mmhm!" He exclaims his mouth full of cake and frosting covering his lips and cheeks. Victorie giggles from the other side of him, frosting covering her face, as well.

We continue to make small talk with each other as we eat Teddy's cake. Ginny bounces James on her lap, to keep him from crying. Arthur is planning to retire soon, he says that he is getting too old for the hours he's working. Molly smiles at him when he says this, happy that her husband realizes that he needs to slow down eventually, even if she's not going to slow down with him.

"Ginny isn't Quidditch season starting back up again?" Ron asks taking a sip of his drink, no one mentions that Hermione didn't make it here tonight, even though she said that she would be able to.

Ginny nods. "Yes, but we keep practicing in and out of season. Our matches are starting up soon. My first one is in a few weeks."

Ron smiles at her. "I'll make sure to come to more this year."

"We all will," Charlie says, his arm around his girlfriend, Jacque. He always seems to have a different one at each family gathering. She smiles up at him.

"Charlie tells me you're really good. I hope I can come to one of your matches." Jacque says still smiling. "See if you live up to all of the hype."

Ginny smiles slightly and nods. "Sure thing." We all know it's not really true, Charlie likes the single life. With a few breaks from it here and there.

"Shall we open presents?" Percy asks as his daughter, Molly, climbs all over him and pulls at his hair. Audrey laughs at the pair. Molly is 13 months old, so she is still pretty dependent on her parents. (I looked her up and it said that she was possibly born between May 3, 2000 and August 31, 2006. And I didn't know how old to make her. Not really sure how big of a part she will play. Her sister Lucy is not even given a birthdate, at least I didn't find one)

Teddy grins, "presents!" Then he adds, as if an after thought from earlier. "Please!"

"You all head into the parlor," Ginny says putting James in her mum's arms. She collects the plates. "We'll be there in a moment." She looks at me and nods in the direction of the plates. I stand and help her gather them.

Charlie lifts Teddy out of the chair and up onto his shoulders, Teddy gasps and holds onto Charlie's head. "Come on, little man. You have gifts to open!" Teddy squeals as they walk into the parlor.

Ginny sighs as we set the plates down. "I feel so bad for her."

"Who?"