Chapter 59

Harry's POV:

I carry Teddy into the house and into the sitting room, Ginny and I set up a bed for him on the couch. I set him on the couch. "How are you feeling, Teddy? Your arm and leg okay?" Ginny asks.

He nods, "I'm okay. When does my punishment start?"

Ginny and I laugh, I ruffle his hair. "Once you can use your leg and arm properly. Try to get some sleep, okay?"

Teddy nods as Ginny pulls the covers over his body and up to his chin, we both kiss his forehead.

I lift a squirming James out of his carrier, he whines and pulls off my glasses. "Hey, I kind of need those, buddy." I take the glasses back from him and slide them up my nose.

"I'm going to take a nap," Ginny says walking over to the stairs. "Watch the boys, James may need to be changed soon. And Teddy may need--"

"Ginny," I interrupt, "I know how to take care of them. Go take a nap, we'll be fine. I have some work I need to do anyways, he can lay on the floor in there."

I grab a few toys and a blanket for James and head into my office. I lay the blanket on the floor, "you're probably not going to stay on the blanket. Just don't crawl where I can't see you."

James just stares at me, drool runs down his chin and onto his shirt. I nod and set him down. "Okay, good."

As I fill out some paperwork James crawls and scoots around my office. At one point he ends up under my desk, I lift him onto my lap and continue my work. He's chewing on my finger on my non-dominate hand. "James, you're drooling all over my hand."

He giggles and kicks his feet. "Dada," he squeals.

"Harry!" Teddy yells from downstairs. "Harry?"

I pick James up and walk downstairs. "What's up, Teddy?"

"I have to go potty," he says trying to sit up.

"Okay . . ." I say trying to think of the best way to do this. I set James in his highchair and I put some Cheerio's on the tray. I pick Teddy up and set him on the toilet. "I'm going to sit with James, yell for me when you're done."

. . .

I watch as James makes his way across my office floor. He stops and rolls onto his bottom, he looks up at me and giggles. "What are you doing silly?"

Teddy laughs from the couch. "When will he walk, Harry?"

I look over at him. "Depends. But you started walking around 10 months or so... so maybe around then. But it really all depends on him."

Teddy nods. "Harry... after I better. We fly again?"

I sigh and rub the bridge of my nose. "We'll talk about this later okay? After your punishment." He scowls but nods. "Good. Now I--"

Thump.

James screams, from the side of my desk. I look over the edge to see a red bump in his head already showing.

"Oh..." I whisper picking him up into my lap as he screams. "Shh... it's okay, James. Shh..."

Ginny enters my office after a few minutes of his screaming. "Harry Potter what did you do to my son?" She takes him from me. "His head, Harry what happened?"

"He crawled into my desk." I tell her. "Teddy and I were talking and then..."

"Harry you have to watch him carefully." Ginny scolds rocking him in her arms. "Shh... it's okay... baby. Mummy's here."

. . .

Hermione's POV:

I giggle and push Ron away gently. "Ronald, I'm serious. I need to talk to you."

He frowns and wraps his arms around my waist. "We can talk after." He kisses my temple and makes his way down my cheek and my neck.

"Ronald," I scold slipping out of his arms.

He fake pouts but sits with me anyways. "Okay fine, what do you need to talk to me about?"

"My boss talked to me today. She needs me to go out of town for a couple of weeks." I tell him, looking down at my hands.

When I look up to him, the playful look on his face was gone, now he had a sad, long look on his face now. "Why? Where?"

I shake my head. "No, she hasn't told me yet. I have to go to do some assignments or something. I'm not really sure."

"But it must be something big otherwise they would send someone else." Ron says. "You're the best in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement." (A/N:I looked up Hermione Granger future job' on Google and that is what came up)

I manage a small smile. "And I know we talked about trying for a baby but I think we're going to have to hold off on that... just for a little while. I don't know why I'm going, but after there may be some other things I need to take care of." I sigh and take his hands into mine. "And I may be stressed and it's bad for the baby to be stressed when your pregnant."

Ron nods and kisses my forehead. "I know. It's okay Hermione, really. I understand. Maybe I'll be able to take a break from work and come and visit you. How long will you be gone again?"

"A couple of weeks I think..." I tell him. "But she's going to give me the cases tomorrow."

"How soon will you have to leave?"

I sigh. "Soon. Probably two days."

He gets up from his chair and walks over to me, he sets both hands and either side of my body. "Well then we better not waste the two days then."

I grin and wrap my arms around his neck. "No we shouldn't but--"

"I know, I know." He whispers, his lips against my neck. "We'll have completely protective sex in our bedroom okay?"

I push him away and sit on the table. "Can I change one thing?" He raises an eyebrow. "Not in our room. Here."

Ron grins and slides all of the stuff off of the area. I wraps my legs around his waist, pulling him closer. "Ron... we're running out of time. I'm leaving in two days and--"

He presses his lips to mine and pushes me down, he follows on top of me. "Let's hope this bloody table can support us."

"Eh, I don't like it that much anyways."

•_•

Not the most eventful chapter... kinda lame.

But I thought it was okay...

Sorry it took so long to update... high school is crazy. I have a lot of work and then I have school and friends and family.

Also, I've had many, many, many people asking me to skip ahead to Albus and Rose but I don't want to yet. I want to spend a little time with baby James first. I also want to see if JK Rowling posts on Twitter about Albus and what house he is being sorted into, like she did with James. I know that means September but it's okay guys. I'll make it work I promise.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and I hope to update soon!

I love you all!

💜Rachel