Chapter 53

*James is about 6 months old now*
So I don't know much about babies so I looked up on Google when babies talk and crawl and stuff so if you think I'm wrong about something, then it's Google's fault. Not mine.

Baby chewing on teething ring in media

Harry's POV:

"Harry!" Ginny yells. "Harry! James it going to crawl! Come quickly!"

I bolt out of my office and run downstairs-- "Harry! He's crawling!" I run into the sitting room to see James crawling across the floor.

I bend down, "James, come to daddy! Come to daddy, James."

"Da," James says crawling over to me. Ginny and I freeze.

"What did you just say?" Ginny asks him.

"Da," James says sitting down and reaching his arms up at me.

I pick him up. "That's right James. I'm your dada. Say 'dada.'"

"Da," James says, reaching for my glasses and taking them off my face, he chews on the ear piece.

"His first word!!" Ginny exclaims and runs over to us, kissing my lips. "Oh Harry!" I kiss James' head.

"I need those, bud." I say taking them back. He wines, and takes my finger into his mouth. "Uh, Gin... come feel this."

She looks at me skeptically but puts her finger where mine was. "Oh my god! A tooth! Well the top of one, that's why he's been so fussy lately. Can you get a teething ring?"

"Uh..."

She laughs and takes him, he cries. "I know baby, it hurts. I'll find it. You go get Teddy we're going to celebrate!"

I laugh and head outside, Teddy is playing in the tree house Ron and I built for him. "Teddy! Come down here please!"

"Why!" He complains.

"You don't have to but we're having ice cream!" I say walking away.

"I'm coming!" He exclaims, climbing down the ladder and running over to me. I pick him up and set him on my hip. "Why are we having ice cream?"

"Well, we just discovered James' first tooth, and he crawled and he said his first word." I say. "I think that deserves some celebration, don't you think?"

He laughs. "I guess. What was my first word?"

"Um, dada." I say, shifting him slightly.

"Oh..." he looks down at his stomach.

I sigh. "Hey, it's okay, Ted. You were little. You eventually learned Harry. It was more like 'hehe.'"

Teddy giggles. "Well I can say Harry now."

"That's right." I say laughing.

. . .

"Ginny, can James eat ice cream?" Teddy asks, his face covered in ice cream.

"Not until he is a year or so, sweetie." Ginny tells him, cradling James to her chest, she kisses his forehead. His cheeks are tear stained and his eyes are red. He's chewing on a teething ring to help with the pain in his gums.